Newbie From Alabama

-

harm

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am not new to MOPAR products as I have owned a 1985 Dodge Daytona 2.2 Turbo 5 speed, 1989 Dodge Shadow ES Turbo 2.5 5 speed, 1996 Dodge Stratus, and 2001 Plymouth Voyager, but this is my first time to own an older MOPAR. I just purchased a Cal stored, all original, 1975 Plymouth Space Duster 225 slant 6 904 auto with 39000 miles. I purchased it from the 2nd owner who purchased it in Feb of this year and was getting it ready for his grandson who started college this fall and cant have a car for 2 years and then will cost him too much for the remaining 2 years so he sold it to me. The 2nd owner rebuilt the carb, replaced the front bushings, new rotors and calipers, new duel exhaust ("Y" pipe) side pipes, and new center line wheels 14x6 front and 15x10 rear. It is an AC car that the 2nd owner said the air was cold when he purchased but the under dash vent box was broken so he removed it. The outside color is a dark Gold (I say its brown lol) with Ivory interior (bench front seat). The car had been in storage in a garage under an Army tarp for over 20 years with only being driven 38000 miles in the previous 20 years. 2nd owner has driven only a couple of hundred miles. The only thing that doesn't work currently is the air conditioner because the vent box is removed. So my quest currently is to find out what vents went under the dash so I can get the air working again and to do the conversion so I can charge the system again. I purchased this car for my youngest son who ust turned 16. He loves older MOPARs particularly the Duster and Dart. So hopefully I wont be bothering you guys too much as we want to leave everything basically stock for him a daily driver. I may need to install bucket seats as he is 6'7" and usually has to recline the back of the seat to keep his head off of the roof. I really like the bench as it is in perfect condition so I may try to shim up the front of the bench seat to put it in a tilt to obtain enough head room that way?

Please be patient as I try to learn about the 225 slant 6 and rest of car.

Thank you

Hollis

Welcome to FABO Hollis!!

Your son is lucky to have a father like you!!! My dad took me to the original Manheim auto auction to buy my first car. I found a 72 Duster on the lot and it we got it for $440!! That was in 1979.

There's plenty of folks here with extensive knowledge of the Leaning tower of power, so ask away!!

Welcome -- It sounds like you have a Basketball Player.

I have 3 sons and all of them are 6'7". The oldest is 21 6'7" 320 and is an offensive lineman (right tackle) for Delta State in Mississippi, the middle one is 18, 6'7" 240 and played tight end in high school, had some offers to play college but non were full ride like his big brother so he elected to not play and just work on his education, he played some basketball in high school but not very coordinated. My youngest 16, 6'7" 235 plays right tackle in high school he is currently a sophomore. My daughter is 11 and she is 5'7" and like to dance but has played basketball, volleyball, and softball.

I know all about once you get started you cant stop. I have a 1961 Ford Falcon that is torn all the way down with a complete firewall and floor pan welded in from a 1994 Mustang GT, everything else is stripped down. I had started on a mini tub when I placed project on hold 4 years ago. Will be installing the Mustang II front end, 9" rearend and the 5.0 4 speed auto from the 94 Mustang into it....someday.

The 75 Duster is only for a daily driver for son. No plans to hotrod or modify if at all possible. Just make it run good, safe and comfortable for him to drive is all we have planned.

Cant wait for it to get here

Attachments

• 75 Duster rear.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 75 Duster.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 118
My cousin is in Centre by Gadsden. Nice area you come from.
Thank you. Gadsden is on the East side of the state and Moulton is more toward the West side but almost straight across from each other. Alabama has like 4 main areas with each having its own pro's and con's. I like to visit the Gulf area in the summer for vacation but home has and always will be in North Alabama (Gods Country) lol

Welcome from North Alabama! Roll Tide!
I work on the Arsenal and one of my coworkers lives over in grant just off 431 on top of the bluff. Nice country side over that way. We have less mountains in Moulton mostly farm land but only 3 miles from Bank Head National Forrest

I work on the Arsenal and one of my coworkers lives over in grant just off 431 on top of the bluff. Nice country side over that way. We have less mountains in Moulton mostly farm land but only 3 miles from Bank Head National Forrest

I'm got to far from Grant. You ever been to the tenn valley mopar show?

Welcome from Tuscaloosa, I have a brother between Addison and Cullman so not too far. Nice looking first ride, Joe

I'm got to far from Grant. You ever been to the tenn valley mopar show?
No I haven't. I have a friend that has a lot of MOPAR cars but only one that he is currently showing which was his very first car. Its a 66 Belvedere Convertable. Hes trying to finish up a 70 GTX. I think he has been to it.

Welcome from Tuscaloosa, I have a brother between Addison and Cullman so not too far. Nice looking first ride, Joe
All of my dads family is from the Free State of Winston. Most from Addison and Double Spings (2 springs) lol and some out around Brushy Lake

Welcome to the fun! Sounds like a great family you have:coffee2: Now you are part of our big extended Mopar family...

Dave,

Welcome to the fun! Sounds like a great family you have:coffee2: Now you are part of our big extended Mopar family...

Dave,
Thank you Dave. I have always been a huge fan of MOPAR products. I hope to one day restore some older ones for myself. I have a friend that has a 66 Barracuda for 1k that needs to be saved. Ran when parked but been a few years.

-
Back