Newbie from Iowa

-

dartsportsteve

Reaction score
Hey everybody... I've been lurking here for awhile but thought I'd finally introduce myself. I'm currently A-body-less but I do work on my dad's '73 Swinger for him. A picture of it is attached.

Great site!

100_3090wall.jpg

Welcome to FABO Steve.

340sixpack...I had to mapquest it lol. Looks like it's clear up in NE Iowa near the Mississippi River.

Looks like Farmersburg is up in the Northeast corner of Iowa, close to Prairie DuChein, Wisconsin...

Brrrrrrrrr.....:angry7:

Great looking car your Dad has! I'm sure he appreciates the help with it!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Yup - I'm in the NE corner of the state. We're 10 minutes from Wisconsin, and about 45 from Minnesota.

Glad to be here!

Oh, and Dad's car is a 318, 904, 8 1/4 car. It was a librarian's car for 20 years until it changed hands and was parked.

It was very rusty when he bought it. I'll never claim to be a pro bodyman, and it shows in my work, but I will say the car is fun to drive and fun to see driving.

Dad also owns a couple early B Bodies ('65 Coronet 440 Hardtop and a '65 Coronet 440 Convertible). As you can guess by my username, I used to own a '75 Dart Sport - the name just stuck. I did all the work (other than spraying the paint) on this one as well. A friend on another board saw it at a show in Des Moines a couple years ago, so it may still be in that area. If you've seen it, let me know!

dart1.jpg

-
Back