Newbie from Kenosha Wisconsin

-
Honestly I'm not sure what shifter it is, all I know is it's a b&m. It came with a previous car. i always figured it was just a mega shifter.

Does anyone know wher i can find a good diagram or picture of the alternator and p/s mounting. or is there a bigblock guy near kenosha that'll let me snap a few pics for reference? I had the motor stripped down for like a year and never thought to snap a pic of the mounting. The way I have it now looks half assed and won't cut it. right now i just used a long bolt to bolt it to the block and so homemade spacers, the angle is slightly off and it isn't very sturdy.

here's a pic of what i'm workin with......

alt.jpg

welcome to fabo... cool car... Can wait to hear how the build progresses....

Welcome from another fellow Wisconsinite. I am not too far from Milwaukee. Funny thing, my Dad recently retired from the Post Office in Oconomowoc and also served in Vietnam. I am currently working on his '64 Barracuda fastback. Hope to get some pics posted soon. Best of luck w/ the Dart. I know the story w/ $. Built a new house 2 years ago, have a 10 month old son and funds are limited. Keep pluggin away!

Hey John!

Glad you finally joined up! Man, the dartster sure is coming along! Looks like there is quite a few WI members for you to associate with. I think your really gonna love this website.

Hit me up, ANYTIME bro.

Hello, fellow Wisconsinite! I am a bit North of Milwaukee. I'm in Kenosha about once a week. It looks like you have some parts I could use! :p

Welcome to FABO. Eau Claire, WI here. Been working on my 69 dart for couple years now & have gotten a few needed parts from guys here. Leave the duster front end on your car, looks better imo.

Welcome to FABO. Eau Claire, WI here. Been working on my 69 dart for couple years now & have gotten a few needed parts from guys here. Leave the duster front end on your car, looks better imo.

I originally put it on there because I thought it looked cooler being a little shorter. I supose that since nothing is really factory on her I shouldn't give it another thought. Hell, I have a Ford Aerostar radiator and BMW Recarro seats, not to mention all the mods needed to cram that motor in. so I'm not worried. It'll end up the way I like it, who cares if someone knocks it for not having all matching parts, right? One of the guys on this board already offered me a nose and grille for a dart sport, which is extremely cool of him, maybe I'll hold off for a while, though.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Hello, fellow Wisconsinite! Was just down in your neck of the woods last week at Lake Geneva.

-
Back