Newbie here-My Duster won at ISCA Show!!!

-
73GoldDusterKid- No, my son's car wasn't there this year- It was there in 2004. It is dark green with the white bumble bee stripe and factory rallyes. I will try and get some pics out soon, Ron--And to all others who complimented on my car THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

Burntorange70- Thanks, I will make sure and check out the E-Body site, Ron

Hey Ron,

curious about a few of things .. 1. Why did you decide to stripe it w/ sort of '71 striping? 2.Why does it not have a rallye dash? 3. Why are there twin scoops on this car. 4. Where is the little duster dude on the rear decal?

Only asking, cause I had an original '71 in violet metallic '340 back in the day, and this one is far from what I remember ...

Not nit picking you, just wondering about the true identity of the car.. (NICE car BTW)

w/ respect,

Kenny

Kenny- The car was all original when I got it. In violet 1970 bucket seat console car., black vinyl top, factory rally wheels with F70 x 14 whitewall tires. I have always believed in making my cars the way that I want them. That is unless it is a high dollar R/T or 340 car etc... then I would leave it all original. I already have a ground pounding 71 Challenger that was in Mopar Muscle April 2005 issue. I just wanted to play around with the Duster a little. I kept the car original with the exception of adding the stripe package, the dual hood scoops, go wing, and steel wheels . I added the 71 side stripe because I like it better than the 70. I kept the 70 tailpanel stripe because I like it better than the 71. It doesn't have a rallye dash because I didn't want to try and clone a 340. Just wanted to make it "like I like it". As far as where the little Duster Dude is ? I don't know- I ordered the stripe package from graphic express and that is what I got. I know some guys will say -"It's only a 318 car so what?. But I like it and it will be fun to take on the 2 hour road trips to the Nats. I hope I haven't offended too many of the true MOPAR PURIST by the changes that I've made. I hope that answers your questions and thanks for the compliment. Take care and Happy Moparing--Ron

Kenny- The car was all original when I got it. In violet 1970 bucket seat console car., black vinyl top, factory rally wheels with F70 x 14 whitewall tires. I have always believed in making my cars the way that I want them. That is unless it is a high dollar R/T or 340 car etc... then I would leave it all original. I already have a ground pounding 71 Challenger that was in Mopar Muscle April 2005 issue. I just wanted to play around with the Duster a little. I kept the car original with the exception of adding the stripe package, the dual hood scoops, go wing, and steel wheels . I added the 71 side stripe because I like it better than the 70. I kept the 70 tailpanel stripe because I like it better than the 71. It doesn't have a rallye dash because I didn't want to try and clone a 340. Just wanted to make it "like I like it". As far as where the little Duster Dude is ? I don't know- I ordered the stripe package from graphic express and that is what I got. I know some guys will say -"It's only a 318 car so what?. But I like it and it will be fun to take on the 2 hour road trips to the Nats. I hope I haven't offended too many of the true MOPAR PURIST by the changes that I've made. I hope that answers your questions and thanks for the compliment. Take care and Happy Moparing--Ron

I agree. Welcome to the site.

Ron, Welcome to FABO! That is one beautiful Duster! I love it and you right about making it the way you want it! 6cyl and 318 cars are sweet but changing them to what YOU want is never a bad idea!

270.jpg

Duster440 and HemiMark- Thank you for the replies- I always wonder what people will say when you do a car "your way". I really wanted to keep this one practical for long road trips etc... Once again Thanks for the compliments ! Ron

See that green car over to the left of my post there ? It's all NOS - "Not Original or Stock". It's a 73 with a 72 front clip, 71 grill, shaved markers/antenna. Was 318/904/7.25 now '68 matching X-headed 340/72/8.75. Did I mention the shaved side markers ? 16" Billet Specialties ? Firmfeel do-dads all over the suspension ? Is there a place reserved in Mopar hell for me ? I've done them both ways (original and modified), it's all good - don't like my car ? Walk on down the row. I've got a 70 Duster as well and don't plan on the boring 70 sidestripes either (and I'll be swapping the six for a 440 - shame on me). Beautiful car, some folks need a life.

Very nice Duster Ron. I had one of those Duster coming through plates made for my Duster also. I agree with you on making your Duster the way you want. That's what I done with mine and I like it.

Man you guys have some beautiful cars ! I'm really glad that others share my thoughts on doing cars the way that you want to do them. Don't get me wrong, if you have a rare car or it is a true R/T etc.. then by all means do your best to keep it original if for nothing else just for value purposes. I really like seeing cars that are different. I have never been a flipper and any car I build I keep. We now have 3 in our stable.My 71 Challenger, The Duster and my son's 70 Dart Swinger 340 4 speed car. I'm still trying to convince the wife to ditch her Vette but she says only for a Viper (yeah that's gonna happen- I can't work that much O/T) LOL ! I must admit though she was all smiles driving the Duster. Thanks again for the compliments and hope to meet some of you guys at the gatherings this Summer. Take care, Ron

Duster440 and HemiMark- Thank you for the replies- I always wonder what people will say when you do a car "your way". I really wanted to keep this one practical for long road trips etc... Once again Thanks for the compliments ! Ron

I couldn't agree more Ron about your comment about "doing it your way". Hell my Demon started as a /6 Demon but it's feeling much better now.
Beautiful Duster, love the paint job and welcome to the site by the way.

109.JPG

Very nice Duster !!! Lets see a pic of the Swinger , too !

Dave

Love the Demon- I will try and get the wife to help me post other pics tomorrow night- I really need to learn more about computers --LOL

Hi. That is a great looking Duster, I really like the color combination. Nothing wrong with a 318 thats what is in my car. I only changed to a four barrel carb still gets great mpg and has lots of power.Build your car the way you want it, the only person you have to please is yourself. Bobby

-
Back