Newbie over the pond

-

J1MMY

Reaction score
Hello folks, long story short I have become the owner of a ‘68 Valiant Signet (first A body, second Mopar - the first being a mk1 Charger, equally unusual over here in the UK). It has passed through a few owners since the person who built it but both the builder and the PO have been super informative and recommended I join up.

Looking to build on what has already been done and make a few changes so will be full of questions - I’ve been lurking a while trying to find out what I need to know so I’ll do my best not to ask the same old questions. So, that’s me.

IMG_1459.jpeg

Welcome to FABO from Northwest Georgia.

Love the profile of your car...great atance!!

I served three years at Greenham Common in Wiltshire backnin the late 80's. Lived in Compton Bassett up by Calne. Absolutely loved my time there!

Hello folks, long story short I have become the owner of a ‘68 Valiant Signet (first A body, second Mopar - the first being a mk1 Charger, equally unusual over here in the UK). It has passed through a few owners since the person who built it but both the builder and the PO have been super informative and recommended I join up.

Looking to build on what has already been done and make a few changes so will be full of questions - I’ve been lurking a while trying to find out what I need to know so I’ll do my best not to ask the same old questions. So, that’s me.

View attachment 1716157811
Welcome to the club. I sure like the looks of your ride!

Welcome from Texas, give the specs on the drive train.
318, Keith Black 167 pistons, ported 360 heads, lopey cam (unknown specs), long tube headers (again unsure which), GM HEI distributor, edelbrock tunnel ram and dual inline Holley 450s. 4 spd, explorer rear with 3.91. Stock front

I didn’t build it. Was built in the US and found its way to the UK where it resided in another car before being fitted to the Valiant. Likes to rev, no idea on figures.

I am toying with replacing the tunnel ram with the tallest single plane I can fit under the bonnet (hood) and running efi - but I need to gather some info. The headers may also have to go in favour of some decent shorties so I can get some ground clearance. Decisions decisions

Welcome from SoCal!
Lots of 'character' in those garage walls. How old is the building?
Love the way the rear tires fill those wheel wells. I bet your Valiant gets some looks.

Many comments about the garage! It’s a stone barn, last agriculture use as grain silo and storage although I’m sure it could tell some stories. It’s around 18th century. Somewhat at the mercy of the seasons (roof leaks a little in heavy rain and even in our mild winters I have been pottering in minus 11c) but it’s a great antidote to the daily grind

Any place thats not out in the elements is great by my standards. The stories that building and car would tell would be amazing

View attachment 1716157811
Nice and different. I’m from 2 ponds over, and looks similar to the Aussie VE VF, but in a 2 door sedan. We only had a long roof hardtop 2 door version. Will be interesting to see a few new valiant versions. Good luck.

Place to be i am two ponds over as well, process of building a 6.4 hemi duster. Lots of info and knowledge! Is the car still in primer or is it grey?

Hi J1MMY, just a county over... Hampshire. Very nice looking Valiant :thumbsup:

Are you going to Surrey Street Rods meet at Newbury Showground on Good Friday?

Morning! I’m usually away on the. ‘Bike over Easter (first long weekend of the year) but I will do if I’m about, it’s only a short drive. Where in hants are you?

Jimmy, Nice to have you aboard sir. Lots of great folks on the site. Welcome from the lone star state of Texas .

-
Back