Newbie with a golden oldie

-

tasjfarmer

Reaction score
New to the forum, but been looking at all the answers you guys post up and questions you all ask which has helped me a lot already!
I'm in Aus, and I've got a 67 VC Valiant (Dodge Dart equiv). Made a ton of progress in the last year since I bought her, and hoping to have her finished by the end of 2024. (Dreaming I know!) She's thrown a few challenges my way already but we managed to push through. She's got a rebuilt 225 slant 6 with 904TF auto. Upgraded to front disc brakes, and given her a bit of love and new parts for the rest, keeping as much original as I can. Paint and interior still to go. Had a little trouble with the distributor resting on the engine bay wall, and did some damage to it, so out it came, etc etc got it sorted, has anyone else had to shim their engine mounts to get distributor clearance?? It's an upgraded electric distributor now, so I'm thinking it's a little larger, especially the cap compared to the original points distributors. Now she's on 10 degrees before TDC #1 and sounds fairly sweet, just wondering what everyone has their timing set at for mostly a cruising car, but still getting that nice tough sound out of the ol' girl. Also if anyone knows what size the two bolts are for the transmission mount that would be amazing. Saves me going back and forth buying up all the sizes just to try them out to see what fits! Cheers everyone!! It's my first Mopar, and she might be my only one, but she'll be a lifer! It's been great to have this forum, there's so much info on here already I would have never found so thanks again! I'm sure at some stage there will be photos to show as well..

IMG_5971.jpeg

Thanks everyone! Located in South Australia at the moment. Photos in no particular order, but she's up and running and driving, just some bonnet adjustment, paint and final interior, etc and she'll be good to go. I was lucky to get a pretty complete car with not a lot of rust, thankfully she had been sitting for ten years plus in the dry and not somewhere constantly wet and raining! And yes, there was a little bit of a change of mind for engine bay colours!!

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_9249.jpg

IMG_9258 copy.jpg

IMG_8548.jpg

-
Back