Newbie With Engine(s) Questions...

-
At this point I'm planning on the Shumacker (SP?) kit, try-Y ceramic headers, torque strap, and A-body BB engine mounts. I know there's going to be a lot more to it than that, but it's a ways off, regardless.
Just the blower motor mod, there are a few different types in the instruction threads.

I have a brand new set of Schumacher mounts if you're interested pm me .

I am not sure if you will need clearance on the hood for the front carb, sure some one here on FABO has done it.

Good score on the motor...I believe pre '72 440's had the higher compression. Ie, non smog motor. You have any idea on the internals?? Start looking NOW for headers if you're looking for a deal. Hawk the classifieds section....every once in a while some BB A'body headers pop up...but go very quickly. Unless you got 700-900 to drop on new ones....

The BB A'body thing adds up quickly....everything needs addressed. Conversion Mounts, BB Xmsn, Rear End, Torsion bars, Manual brake conversion, possible manual steering conversion, Gonna need to cool that beast....on and on. I dove face first into it and figured out it's much more expensive than a simple small block upgrade. Cheers buddy!
440 source should have the engine specs, I have pst 1.03 bars in mine and love then and a track lock 8.25 3.55 gears and rear disk brakes, at a min you want front disks.

I have a brand new set of Schumacher mounts if you're interested pm me .
Until I know what car I end up with, I'm not buying any mounts, but thank you, I'll keep it in mind when I do get one!

I've seen the heater motor stay in place and the passenger side valve cover modified nicely to fit. Looks great and if you didn't know you wouldn't know.

-
Back