Newbie with questions

-

JTinAZ

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just purchased my first A body today. I’m having some trouble decoding the fender tag because my second line has 6 codes and all the decoders only have 5. Here’s a pic of the tag and the car.
It’s supposed to be a 273 but the engine is blue and I thought 273’s were red. I think it may be a 318. I can’t see any casting numbers.
I’m thinking about making a GTS clone with a 383 or 340 4 speed, but for now I’d like to get it running and driving just the way it is. It’s a father son project. My son is 14 and we wanted to do a project together.
Body is decent except the PS door. Trunk floor is good, main floor is soft on DS and PS, but the rear floors are good. Rear lower quarters have rot. Interior is trashed like all AZ cars. It’s been sitting since 1990 and was last started in 2004. Should be interesting to try and get it running again.
Trans linkage is all jacked up and the reason the car was parked. Hopefully it’s repairable because a 4 speed is not happening until I decide what the future build will entail.

Anyone think this PS door is salvageable?

IMG_6597.jpeg
IMG_3584.jpeg
IMG_3586.jpeg
IMG_3585.jpeg
IMG_6592.png
IMG_6591.png
IMG_6590.png

E31 - 273 v8
D12 - 3 on the tree
F8 - green paint
F8 green interior

Does it have rubber floor covering ?

Not sure about your model year but in 1970 there was a paint code for the body and a paint code for the roof which might explain the two F8's. Anyone know what the T3 code is?

-
Back