Newbie, with questions....

-

JP662704SP

Reaction score
Hello all.

Well, I picked up the 66 Dart I posted about a week ago.

Having been around it for a few days now, I'm starting to make my list....

I'm looking for information/opinions on certain systems and vendors. Not looking to start a fight, just looking to benefit from the knowledge of those who have been down this road before me.

What we have here is a factory v-8 car. Came with "3 on the tree", converted to a 4sp on the floor at some point.

Has 14" rally wheels. Otherwise stock.
10" drums (I think)

I'm looking to restore it to a nice cruiser status.

Questions:

I'd like to convert to disc brakes on the front. Have looked at different options. Again, looking for nice driver, not to stop it from 150MPH.

Thoughts on best way to go?

Electronic ignition, looking for reliability here mostly. Not looking to change points on the side of the highway in the rain anymore. (long story)

Interior part supplies/restoration? I have a new headliner, seat covers and carpet on order from Legendary. Things like a steering wheel, window cranks, dash pieces, knobs etc... good sources?

Thanks and take care.

JP

40D_2.jpg

40D_steeringwheel.jpg

40D_opendoor.jpg

40D_1.jpg

Welcome to the site. You came to the right place. I am sure you will find some answers to your questions. Looks like you have a nice start for a great ride. Enjoy the site !

-RPM

Welcome to FABO.Hang in there ,like RPM says you "will" get the answers you need.8)

That's a cool looking ride, and welcome.

I'm not familiar much with what disk brake set up to use on the early darts but I personally used the master power manual disk brake set up on my car. 67 cuda.

A little pricey but stops much better than drums.

Some guys are using the scarebird stuff, others are using ssbc, baer, and wilwood.

If you are patient I'm sure guys with the early A's such as yours will chime in with their improvement packages.

OOOhhhh!!! I think I know this car. Looks like it's been rode hard and put away wet a few times since I sold it back in 93. It's the car that started all of my Mopar restoration madness. If so, I can tell you a few things about its history. If you're with MMCA, we have a mutual friend. I'll be happy to answer questions about the car. Welcome to FABO!

-
Back