NEWEST addition to the mopa family

-

604 Racing

604 RACING
Reaction score
well, today i was scanning CL looking to see what was on the market for mopars, with NO intent to buy.

i came across a 1970 dat for $2500, and i called the guy only becausae it was local, turns out its and old friend of mine.

so the story behind the car was that my buddy started to restore it 8 years ago, and ran into some money issues with his divorce, so he had the car 80% done, including new 8.75 rearend, rebuilt 318/727, all the body work was done, and it was primered and prepped for paint.

sad thing is, due to lack of money he had to stop, and due to lack of storage it was parked outside in the swamp land, the car actually SUNK 1.5 feet in teh marsh, i resqued the car in time, and it still remained REALLY SOLID.

there is a little bondo in the quarters, but sadly ive decided to cut it up to finish the resto on my 71 dart.

o yea, and i walked away with the car for $950!!!

forgot to mention it came with a truck lad of parts, everything to finish the car including extra mint bumper etc.

the dash is toast, it have gbody buckets, floors are solid, and trunk is mint, also headliner is good and rear seat is mint,

im cutting the passenger side A piller to replace mine from leaking window syndrome .lol, and cutting off the window to trunk deck filler piece to replace mine.

its sad that im killing this car, but it has all the stuff i need to complete my resto, and seeing how i gotit for $950, i dont feel so bad, i know i will make over $4000 with all the parts i dont need from it.

such a bummer to hear such a nice car is going to be cut up ](*,).

BUT....good to hear that you will be making a good one out of the deal!.

Sounds like a great price on the car and you should have no problem recouping your money and then some by parting it out.

Good luck!

i thought about making t a race car for my shop, i wanted to do that with the 71 but i decided on a resto instead,

i cant overwhelm myself with another project right now, and i really could use the parts, and moey from the parts to finish the resto on the 71....

this meens the 71 might get a little something extra under the hood now ;)

-
Back