Next up races.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well that was one HOT weekend with a lot of rain, and racing. Won a couple hundred dollars, sold a Holley Dominator carb, had several adult beverages with friends, ate some good food, and yes LOST 7 pounds. Next up Night Of Fire at Keystone this Saturday then off for the 40 Grand race at Norwalk Labor Day weekend. The car is great and the driver isn’t doing to bad for an oldman that’s still out there having a blast.

7941B3CF-6114-47CE-B343-12F04B39D7D0.jpeg

411005D5-661A-4BD0-AA1F-33E1B5897F5B.jpeg

Well that was one HOT weekend with a lot of rain, and racing. Won a couple hundred dollars, sold a Holley Dominator carb, had several adult beverages with friends, ate some good food, and yes LOST 7 pounds. Next up Night Of Fire at Keystone this Saturday then off for the 40 Grand race at Norwalk Labor Day weekend. The car is great and the driver isn’t doing to bad for an oldman that’s still out there having a blast.

View attachment 1716127567

View attachment 1716127568

Great to hear you are still enjoying the sport!

BTW, what kind of beer are you drinking that resulted in you losing 7 lbs??

I need me some of that!!

Cheers!!

I forgot to add I picked a job doing some porting work on an LS intake manifold (throttle body). So I made a few more bucks plus will get my feet wet in the LS arena.

Boy did I luck out. I called to schedule two cortisone shots for my knees yesterday after lunch. I’m sitting in the Doctors office waiting to get them right now. Now that’s service.

Late night 30 mile run last night for some LS heads and intake manifold. Dont you wish we could get two 300 cfm capable aluminum heads and an intake for 250.00. Facebook and Facebook marketplace found me six sets of these in six months.

66ABEAA0-F89D-4489-9A0C-A95C09A54125.jpeg

8527D79E-AF24-4BEF-BFC6-41F5AEF1AD58.jpeg

808BCF24-5777-4B50-83D9-22E720E2285D.jpeg

Late night 30 mile run last night for some LS heads and intake manifold. Dont you wish we could get two 300 cfm capable aluminum heads and an intake for 250.00. Facebook and Facebook marketplace found me six sets of these in six months.

View attachment 1716128197

View attachment 1716128198

View attachment 1716128199
Yeah, every time I see a newer ls6 head or the newest Lt iterations, it reminds me of how much I'd love to punch ma Mopar in the throat with spiked brass knuckles. Those heads are way better than a factory max wedge head & i absolutely hate that. I work on ls junk everyday. Mostly because people run the hell out of them.
People who think a max wedge port is something big, lol what gm uses in the trucks is really close in size and makes no difference on low end torque. Granted fuel injection, computer controlled, vs old tech which is better in my opinion.
Rant over, carry on.

Looks like God blessed us with a beautiful day for our Night Of Fire race. Last year was a total trainwreck with off and on rain all day and practically zero show. The fans erupted bigtime on Facebook and Greg our manager I feel did the best he could to contain it but numbers could be affected today. The forecast should surely help. Personally I’m going in with more confidence than I’ve had in years that I should finish out the year well. The cars great, I’m
Driving better than I have in years. My body is the only bad factor right now but mentally I can usually block that out. Fingers crossed for record turnout today. I’m even looking forward to the Top Fuel passes as he usually puts on a great show. I need some nitro in my life.

34FCEF4D-F633-49B6-A522-6BFB575DBC17.png

CB79E1CF-7A97-4533-85EC-E78CA0693213.jpeg

Well what a fantastic show. I forget what Bruce Litten ran
in 1000 foot but he set a new 1/8 mile track record with a 3.20 pass. 90% humidity bit me in the butt slowing me to a 6.07. I’m still blessed to be doing this and the ride continues.

FDE05424-E287-4014-A2E0-C5B68542A731.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi John, looks like it was a great night of racing with a good turnout! I notice that you write the weather info on your time slips. Are you using a weather station? Personally I view those as voodoo magic! My question is, in a nutshell, how does density altitude affect performance? I know with high humidity you should jet up to compensate for the increased moisture in the air, and vice-versa, but I don't have a clear understanding of how DA affects performance.

Hi John, looks like it was a great night of racing with a good turnout! I notice that you write the weather info on your time slips. Are you using a weather station? Personally I view those as voodoo magic! My question is, in a nutshell, how does density altitude affect performance? I know with high humidity you should jet up to compensate for the increased moisture in the air, and vice-versa, but I don't have a clear understanding of how DA affects performance.

No voodoo magic and it’s a tool I feel every racer should have. I Dont you it for tuning as much as I use it for dialing the car. When you get one time trial over three days of racing it helps guess-ta-mate the ET you should run. I won’t go any deeper than this as I could be here all day. That would make for a great post.

The easiest way to look at it is D.A. lets you know how much oxygen is in the air.
More oxygen the better the car runs.Heavy air or thinner air that is less dense .
It took me awhile to get the hang of it but is a great tool.
If I'm guessing a this correctly, the higher the DA, the less oxygen and vice versa?

-
Back