NGK ZFR5N plugs, yes or no?

-

Schneiderman

Reaction score
These are the plugs I've seen recommended after searching the net, but when I went to order them at Napa my friend who works there was reluctant to get them for me and told me to go with the regular ones because he thinks these ones just aren't correct and won't work. Now he's got me doubting about using them so I figured I would ask here to see if any of you guys are using them, or if anyone has had trouble with them. This will be for a 1970 225.

I would just go with time tested champion plugs, not sure what the /6 cars take for heat range

I was running the champions and they fouled really quick. I tried to order the same NGK ZFR5N plugs from orieillys. They said they would have to order them. They said they had the NGK GH4 V POWERS, I was hoping for a hotter plug but he said it was the correct NGK for the 225. I gapped them around .040 and they made a difference. Just dont forget to cut off the washers.

I only run the ZFR5N on my street cars. Cut the washer off (you do this anyways right) and gap to .040-.045. MUCH better plugs than any other for this engine type.
Frank

Been running them in my slant for years. Does your buddy at Napa own a slant?

Nope, he's got an acura :protest: actually he just picked up a 79 trans am project car so at least he's getting closer to a car worth owning.

He's not a mopar guy at all and I knew I should have just told him to shut up and order them, oh well, I'll tell him that tomorrow :) Thanks guys.

hello,
I have been using the ZFR5N plugs now for about 2 years,and have been excellent. improved mileage,smoother idle and more "go".

regards,Rod:happy10:

-
Back