NHRA drag racing hit a new low

-
Man, I see these ads for betting all the time now that it's legal. Between these & drug ads, I'm tired of seeing them. Speaking of ads, it also seems like they are advertising everywhere! I even have ads now on my e-mail account that they want me to PAY them to REMOVE! It's all BIG BUSINESS these days. Living off the grid sounds better all the time.

I gave up on NHRA about 10 years ago. What they did to Pro Stock was enough for me.

IMO .. disgusting !!! anything for a buck to pad the wallets of NHRAs top brass that know nothing about drag racing ! I also have zero interest in professional drag racing especially since they went to 1,000 ft and since there are no Mopars in P/S ... I do follow Stock and Super Stock however as I really like those classes and am going to Indy but only to watch the Hemi Challenge. I only belong to NHRA because I have to so I can compete at some races.

And the drivers and teams will not see a dime of it only the upper in NHRA get the money

I quit nhra years ago.
We had a nice street legal program at pomona for a few years, mufflers required to pacify the neighbors. (Unless the "neighbors" were there BEFORE the track, you've got NO *****, but they do anyway)
Otherwise, pomona could only be used for two events a year.
Nhra wanted it's 50th anniversary celebration at pomona in the middle of summer, so to get a deal to allow it, they had to kill the street legal program, and us street types had to go 80 miles to Palmdale, instead of five miles to pomona.

I have not, nor ever will, forgive nhra. I go to their local events, and spend not one thin f#@king dime. (Free tickets from a friend, free food included)

Edit: since they no longer take cash for parking, credit card or debit only, and since I don't trust them bastards with cc info, I park at the golf course, walk in and f@#k the county out of their rediculous $20 parking fee.

Last edited:
-
Back