NHRA Shocker! BVR is no more...

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's a shocker...Bob Vandergriff announced his immediate retirement from drag racing and the closure of Bob Vandergriff Racing. Effective immediately, the entire BVR organization has been shut down and all employees have been released from their duties.
I saw the announcement on Competition.com.
This leaves both Dave Connolly and Leah Pritchett without their Top Fuel rides along with all of the crew members and support personnel.

Here's a shocker...Bob Vandergriff announced his immediate retirement from drag racing and the closure of Bob Vandergriff Racing. Effective immediately, the entire BVR organization has been shut down and all employees have been released from their duties.
I saw the announcement on Competition.com.
This leaves both Dave Connolly and Leah Pritchett without their Top Fuel rides along with all of the crew members and support personnel.

interesting

both cars were top 10 cars, so this is really wierd given its sudden nature. Suggests a legal problem?

Nobody shuts down a great team that is doing well without some kind of problem behind it.
You have to think that there is something big going on like some others have suggested.

Owner and CEO of C&J Energy the sponsor...died suddenly a week or two ago...probably the money dried up...

Quite sure the money has all but dried up with the passing of Josh Comstock. C&J is tanking right now like a lot of the gas & oil business in general. Still a pretty poor way to treat your employees IMHO... Only 13 T/F cars currently entered for the upcoming 4-wides @ Charlotte. Not sure how that will work out???

Dave,

Only 13 T/F cars currently entered for the upcoming 4-wides @ Charlotte. Not sure how that will work out???

NHRA.com still shows 15 Top Fuel cars entered for the 4-wides. Neither Dave Connolly nor Leah Pritchett are listed.
I hope another team can step up and add either/both. Leah may be the best bet since she brought Quaker State sponsor $$$ with her to BVR.
I'm sure both she and Dave Connolly are spinning and hustling right now to try to find something.

NHRA.com still shows 15 Top Fuel cars entered for the 4-wides. Neither Dave Connolly nor Leah Pritchett are listed.
I hope another team can step up and add either/both. Leah may be the best bet since she brought Quaker State sponsor $$$ with her to BVR.
I'm sure both she and Dave Connolly are spinning and hustling right now to try to find something.

She can only hope that Quaker state did not write a check for the whole year up front..

-
Back