-
Status
Not open for further replies.

qkRick

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Here's the story. Purchased this car from estate and probably paid more than I should have. Car was street/strip and was in the process of being converted back to a mild street car when owner passed away. Car is wearing 96 plates and probably hasn't seen daylight since then. Finally picked it up on Sat. and will sell right now for $6500 and is a roller at present. Has 8.75, front discs welded frame connectors. Only real problem I have with car is the Hooker fenderwell headers. Car is extremely solid with good floors, trunk, quarters,doors. glass, decent original cloth bench seat column shift interior (needs one panel re done) and respectable paint job. Looks better than pictures. Truly a "must see". Car is and will be for sale throughout it's makeover and price will increase with improvements. Have stock hood and will include all of the hot rod parts currently on car such as fuel cell, elec pump, external oil filter set up etc if car sells before completion. I will provide further details as I get them but car is currently 100 mi. from me so these pics are all I have for now. I don't even know what gear is in rear end yet. I paid the long dollar due to solid condition and work already done. Car will be powered by healthy smallblock and built 904. Looks like a 69 340 so far. Should be in 12's and totally streetable. By the way I am not looking for sympathy but be assured that the only reason this car is for sale is an injury related income reduction.
Located N.E. Ohio

PM or 330 688 9444

Thanks For The Ad FABO!

65  frnt rt.jpg

65 Pass.jpg

I am so sorry to hear that your baby has to go, I feel for you. I wish you all the best and I hope that your injury is short lived.

Hey Vic,

Thanks for the thoughts. Good news is no one died. Bad news is cash is down. Good news is car isn't gone yet and if some of my other tons of stuff sells I may get to keep it at least for a while! Buying a lotto ticket tonite so may keep car forever!

Thanks Again!

Update,

Car should have a fresh 3:91 clutch s.g. installed in the 8.75 rear this coming week. Front disc set up is Wilwood. Car has original V8 radiator that has been re-cored. Found time slips indicating that car's best was 12.80's with 318/727 combo that was in car.

Update

Have new stock gas tank from Quanta coming as well as new 3/8 sending unit and new shumacher engine mounts. Last chance to custom order your Hot Rod Mope. Will be using a brand new stout 360 + .030. KB's on race prepped stock rods, balanced, ported big valve J heads, Hughes hyd.cam, Eddy air gap Mopar elec dist. ARP, Milodon, Fel Pro etc. etc. OR MP Magnum crate engine 395 h.p. 420 ft./lbs. both will be in front of a race prepped 904. OR buy it now and stuff in engine of your choice.

OH my. In the last few days i have fallin in love with the early A. I love this car. I wish you were closer and i had $$$$$$. Good luck!

Sublime,

Thanks for the kind words. Car should be rockin' in a couple of weeks and I doubt that it will last long once it gets back into the "public eye". Final decision this week. Which engine? Which rear center 3:23 or 3:91? Decisions, Decisions.

Final Answer,

Car will have 395 hp. 420 ft/lb. MP crate Magnum engine with Demon 750 carb. in front of built 904 and 3:91 clutch s.g. in the 8.75 rear end. Final price will depend on my costs but this is a very nice, unique car.

Thanks FABO!

Bump for a cool car.

I know you're looking to finish the car and sell it, but I'm curious what car to get an 8 3/4 rear out of for a swap?
I just bought a 65 with a 273 in it, and I'm looking to do a front disc upgrade, as well as an 8 3/4 rear.
The only info I have right now is that the 8 3/4 out of other A-bodies is almost dead-on on the spring perches, but the width is 1.8" narrower, so I don't know if it would hit the inner fenders or not, since mine aren't cut.

Good luck on the finish and the sale!

Thanks for the bump. Sorry I don't know what the rear came out of as it was installed by PO.

Finally drove car yesterday. Big fun and tons of admiring thumbs up. Car now has fresh 3:91 clutch suregrip rear end, line lock, new heater core, full 2.5" exhaust, and brand new BFG drag radials. Has stock hood installed. If rain quits I hope to get more pics.

Good looking car! I was going to say if you wanted to sell the fenderwell headers I would be interested but being you have it going now you probably want it to stay that way..

Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back