Nice 65 Dart on ebay

-
"The door jambs and engine compartment were painted and the paint looks great, it is not a Maaco job. It may not be ready for the Greenwich Concours but it is a very good quality job"

Sure doesn't look like a "very good quality [paint] job" to me. "Looks great?" LOL- yeah right... More like someone squirted on a quick paint job on a $1,500 65 Dart. There's overspray on the battery for ****'s sake. No tellin what's under that paint either. Take a magnet...

s-l500.jpg

battery,washer bottle over the wires... not much that doesn't have paint onit.. maaco would have been a step up..lol

Saw it in person after it showed up in VA.
Paint far from perfect but showed very nice and body looked mudless. If overspray bothers you move on.
If you want a mechanically sound early a to work on while ya drive her. Go take a look or contact him.

Overspray on VERY easy to mask or remove items, then describing the paint job in the ad as "looks great" and "very good quality job" is an indication of the quality of the rest of the car IMO.

It does look great IMO since i have actually seen it. Overspray is really not that bad.
Like any vehicle purchase thou,sure anyone interested would contact seller and view in person if possible before buying.
Shes worth a look IMO thats why i posted this.
Would have considered myself when seeing her but on prowl for early a wagon.

its not the over spray that bothers me so much. its the halfassed way it was painted that raises red flags about how anything else may have been done that bothers me.. like i said anyone looking at possibly buying it better look at it in person and go over it real carefully...

Looks like a pretty decent bargain price for the entry-level enthusiast who doesn't need a perfect car to learn the ropes on!
Not for the perfectionist, for sure, but a fun car nonetheless.

Dude. Ive seen it in person and talked to them. Have you ? Body work was done before being sprayed by owner. It is not half assed it is typical of having a classic painted at shop(not maaco) were work is mainly bulk insurance work on modern **** not resto work.

Again. If ya dont like move on and stop the hate on something ya havent even seen.
Not like i just fell off banana boat and dont know my early's.
For those interested. Contact em.

Both my A's had the classic "black rattle-can, paint everything under-hood as is" job. Since they didn't remove components on this car (not even the battery), expect the same "improvement". After removing that mess, cleaning the gunk and rust that was under the paint, down to shiny metal, I painted them correctly and they now look nice.

-
Back