NICE old Plymouth wagon!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I stumbled across this last weekend while out & about. It's a `61 Plymouth Wagon. I don't have any more details because the guy who came out was a nasty Bastard. He literally chased me out of his driveway. I tried to explain that I thought the car was cool but he was a butt-head. Wanted no part of me or talking about the car. He did have a `29 Roadster in the garage and some sort of bullet-bike in the driveway.... I have to go back. 8)

As for the Wagon, picture it dropped about 3" with polished Torq-Thrusts...:love7:
SANY0002-vi.jpg

SANY0003-vi.jpg

SANY0006-vi.jpg

SANY0005-vi.jpg

SANY0007-vi.jpg

Brings back memories....
My uncle "Joe the barber" bought a brand new purple '61 Plymouth 2-door. At the time (I was 12) I thought it was the ugliest car I had ever seen. Waaaay uglier than the '59 Plymouth Fury 2-door my mom was driving.
Now I think they're cool-looking.

That is nice...

but as many pictures as you took..I might be a butt-head too...You crazy stalker! And you want to lower it!
Don't get me wrong. I might have done the exact same-thing. Some people are very protective.

any notice it has air-con?

Aloha

Family had a 61 Fury 4-door. Butt-ugly car that had a 318 that pinged on anything but premium gas. Speedometer was cool. Rode with my dad once to see if we could get all of the bars to turn red. (They would.)

Notice that this car has an underdash knee knocker a/c. It would take forever to cool that wagon down. I recall that dual factory air was available. The unit hung from the roof between the 2d and 3d seats.

Dang, John, you really WERE in his driveway. You're lucky he didn't shoot you.

If you come off the street onto a mans property you should make a bee line to the front door and ring the bell.
I'd be real quick to tell you, 'Find a car show !"
I dont consider myself a butthead either. I respect other peoples property and their privacy. Maybe I'm just stoopid for expecting the same in return.

FASTBACK340 [Quote"I don't have any more details because the guy who came out was a nasty Bastard. He literally chased me out of his driveway. I tried to explain that I thought the car was cool but he was a butt-head." Quote]

Even some Mopar owners are "jerks!"

Looks like Garden City. My friend lived in a house that looked exactly like that off Nassau Blvd.

That is a nice wagon.

No offense John, but if you were all up in my driveway taking pics of my cars without ringing my doorbell first I probably wouldn't have been near as nice as that guy.

Ring my bell first and strike up a conversation and I will give you a tour.:thumblef:

Here's the exact car (color combo) that my folks hauled me across country in (So. Cal. to New York) in '58 when I was just a lil' shaver. Like to find one and follow the same route through the desert and all.
1957%20dodge%20ad-05_jpg.jpg

My parents had a '61 4 door when I was a kid and I had an aunt who had a hardtop with the neat sloping back glass and 'square' steering wheel.
I have seen a couple of 2 door wagons on ebay in the past. Very few of those were made, sure would be cool to have one.
Dallas

-
Back