Nice to be coming outta the funk

-
The 83 GT works damn good,as well as the 289-302 Performer.That 8" inch,is a nice swap. (3:40 gears,V6 automatics,IIRC?...). Talk low buck Ford,all you want. I like good stuff,this is good stuff. Enjoy it....

The 83 GT works damn good,as well as the 289-302 Performer.That 8" inch,is a nice swap. (3:40 gears,V6 automatics,IIRC?...). Talk low buck Ford,all you want. I like good stuff,this is good stuff. Enjoy it....

I have that very intake.......but the ports are a good bit smaller than the ports on the heads. What's your opinion?

I have that very intake.......but the ports are a good bit smaller than the ports on the heads. What's your opinion?

What are the heads,R.R.R.? Velocity is everything here,just avoid the garbage '86 "swirl port "heads....1.78/.1.45 valves .Quite frankly,you had the cam ground accordingly. Unless you have money to spend why ???????

What are the heads,R.R.R.? Velocity is everything here,just avoid the garbage '86 "swirl port "heads....1.78/.1.45 valves .Quite frankly,you had the cam ground accordingly. Unless you have money to spend why ???????

They are the best heads Ford mead for the small block. The GT40P heads off the Exploder. That's what the whole engine is. 1999 5.0 Exploder engine.

They are the best heads Ford mead for the small block. The GT40P heads off the Exploder. That's what the whole engine is. 1999 5.0 Exploder engine.

Good choice! On those heads,do they clear the manifolds?I expect you have an answer. As for camshaft,somewhere in between the stock 216@ .050,.441,and the B 303 [email protected],110 l/c (too much overlap.,in my opinion).

I made a custom grind on desktop dyno. 218 and 224 @ .050 on a 110 with .482 and .506 lift. Made more torque than anything else I tried. If the port mismatch was the other way around, I would worry more, but I think since the head ports are bigger, it will be ok.

And yes, the plugs will be close, but after I grind some nasty casting flash off the manifolds, they will clear fine.

I made a custom grind on desktop dyno. 218 and 224 @ .050 on a 110 with .482 and .506 lift. Made more torque than anything else I tried. If the port mismatch was the other way around, I would worry more, but I think since the head ports are bigger, it will be ok.

And yes, the plugs will be close, but after I grind some nasty casting flash off the manifolds, they will clear fine.

Dead on,R.R.R... My carbed 302 efforts, came the same. The newer chamber,gonna make a huge difference in torque.( and you already knew that)...

So then you think the port mismatch won't be too critical then?

Thanks for your input Tim. I really appreciate it.

I have even seen 460s in them. But, all I want is something fun to drive that gets reasonable mileage. I am gonna try one of the new 625 Street Demon 3 barrels on a stock 84 GT intake. My exhaust is limited to the mustang II manifolds since headers are costly and require cutting the car. I am having a custom cam ground from Oregon. It made almost 350 pound feet of torque with the head flow numbers entered on the desktop dyno. That should be snappy.

Is it a wagon or a hatchback? I thought the wagons looked cool. I think they had a delivery panel wagon too. My dad had a bobcat wagon with woodgrain exterior, and dark brown paint.

Sold it for a yellow pontiac astre V6 hatchback.

Always thought V8 pintos and vegas were cool. There was an article in hotrod way back about a guy who stuck a t bird turbocoupe 2.3 L turbo 4 in a pinto. It was a direct bolt in. He made a 10 second car out of it along with 33 mpg highway.

Good luck with your endeavors my friend, dont be a stranger on this site.

Matt

Okay Rob enough talking about the F word time for pictures you show me yours and I will show you mine.
LOL

Kenny

Nice to hear that the funk is clearing and your motivation is back on line!! Winter, no cash, and some major setbacks have tried their best, but are no match for you Rob!!! Enjoy!! Geof

Sucks to hear that you basically were asked to leave-some people just can't be pleased I guess. Anyway, with that 83-85 intake, I used to have one on my car, and it ran fine even with the stock D80E heads-and those are junk. The 40P heads will run fantastic. Just like Tim said, that intake will provide plenty of velocity-it's basically an aluminum copy of the old A code 289 4bbl intake...plus the EGR nonsense which you can block off should you desire (I did on mine)

If you were to open up the ports to match the runners, it likely wouldn't have any low end impact-and that cam you spec'd with Oregon should work out pretty well...with those numbers, you should have a very mild lope and probably pull pretty damn well up to about 5700. And with a T5 and some 3.40 gears-ought to be PLENTY peppy.

what year is this Bobcat, at least if we knew that we can google it to get an idea of what it looks like

Alright. here it is. It's every bit as solid as it looks. Yes, that's dual exhaust somebody hung off the V6. lol It is a 1976 model.

Attachments

• BOBCAT5.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 146
  • BOBCAT4.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 144
  • BOBCAT3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 239
  • BOBCAT2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 149
  • BOBCAT1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 161
-