Nicks Garage, 572 HEMI, Here we go....

-
BTW.. i didn't know if a holley sits for 3 years you have to throw them away.. we used to just clean/rebuild them....

I wanna post the dyno run from Ramm in the comments but not mine to do..

It just goes to show, you can be obviously incompetent to run a dyno shop, and STILL have a cult following on the internet. Unbelievable how shitty this guys diagnostic skills are. And I feel sorry for the poor suckers paying him BIG money by the hour to fumble around clueless and make baseless assumptions and endless mistakes.

It just goes to show, you can be obviously incompetent to run a dyno shop, and STILL have a cult following on the internet. Unbelievable how shitty this guys diagnostic skills are. And I feel sorry for the poor suckers paying him BIG money by the hour to fumble around clueless and make baseless assumptions and endless mistakes.
I am honestly shocked that the first time it backfired he didn't take 2 mins to check firing order/timing..

He seemed kinda rushing and annoyed to start with even though

I am honestly shocked that the first time it backfired he didn't take 2 mins to check firing order/timing..

He seemed kinda rushing and annoyed to start with even though
And somehow it escapes him that with 4 dead cylinders, its GONNA be rich....

Was it stated if flat tappet or roller cam? If flat tappet, that was a GOOD cam break in.
That motor was already broken in and dyno'd years ago.. that was like watching torture **** though

There is no way this will ever trigger me enough to give a crap and be outraged at the sheer stupidity of man, especially on the internet. It's become the rule rather than the exception. Accept the things I can't change, change the things I can, and be smart enough to know the difference.

Diagnostics- I never ever ever ever ever believe what someone else did to a car. I will always always always confirm previous work first before I move on. I have worked on too many cars that previous people have messed up.

Why would he release this video, can't be good for business, obviously his business is mainly stock or slightly gone over muscle car engines and his dyno is more for breaking them in and giving his customers a little dyno graph to go with their engine. But **** like this and that 383 engine can't be good for his business. And sure he makes some money from YouTube, 65 million views in 7 years is about $325,000 gross.

Don't make sense to me.

Why would he release this video, can't be good for business, obviously his business is mainly stock or slightly gone over muscle car engines and his dyno is more for breaking them in and giving his customers a little dyno graph to go with their engine. But **** like this and that 383 engine can't be good for his business. And sure he makes some money from YouTube, 65 million views in 7 years is about $325,000 gross.

Don't make sense to me.
Read the comments in the video... people love it..... and they will keep watching. We all just did.. I found it embarrassing though.. i **** up a lot of **** but i have never tortured a motor like that

I can't watch his videos there too dry and longwinded, if it's something I'm interested in I'll fast forward to the last dyno run, and maybe hunt around for the specs.

Read the comments in the video... people love it..... and they will keep watching. We all just did.. I found it embarrassing though.. i **** up a lot of **** but i have never tortured a motor like that
I just skipped through it looking for the dyno runs, but became obvious there wasn't any lol,
You guys filled me in on the rest.

I just skipped through it looking for the dyno runs, but became obvious there wasn't any lol,
ohhh no.. you really need to watch it.. imagine you are 16 and your buddies are trying to get a motor running for the first time ever... and that if it runs on 4 cyls just let it keep running and like magic it will fix itself. it's worth the watch :) and it is that bad

I'm curious too because I know what I charged to get it into this state from the first F#@!-up. J.Rob
Ramm, i saw that TT360 on your youtube channel, you remember what that thing pulled? Looked awesome

Ramm, i saw that TT360 on your youtube channel, you remember what that thing pulled? Looked awesome
I don't remember actually , I remember his ECU was giving us trouble related to ignition timing and I don't think we really got a good clean full boost pull. It was either high 500's or mid 600's both HP & TQ. His tuner couldn't really do much with the ECU's tune. Turbos way too small to work properly as well. J.Rob

It’s an hour long and there’s no pulls?

That one will have to wait for a rainy day.

How did it get from “runs great” on RAMMs dyno to
“Won’t run” on Nicks?

Just sitting around for 4 years?

It’s an hour long and there’s no pulls?

That one will have to wait for a rainy day.

How did it get from “runs great” on RAMMs dyno to
“Won’t run” on Nicks?

Just sitting around for 4 years?
The dist was 180 out, probably got pulled and stuffed back in at some point, that took like 30 mins to figure out after a bunch of backfires... And the carbs need to be cleaned from sitting which he says you have to throw them away once they sat for 3 years..

So, the video ends with no pulls and a diagnosis of, “needs new carbs”?

I usually ask the owner if they’re “sure” the distributor is in correctly.
Some say they don’t know, so I check it before trying to start the engine.
If they say it’s in correctly, but it doesn’t fire pretty much instantly…….I stop and verify it’s correct before going any further.

Last edited:
-
Back