Nicks Garage, 572 HEMI, Here we go....

-
I don't know how much he expects to get out of the motor.. or what it's use will be.. to me 734hp seems overkill for a street car.. What i don't get is why he hates that dual plane intake soo much...

P.S. i have a buddy that tunes twin turbo vettes and i have been in 1500+ hp street cars.. there is a point where it's just insane.. i won't even get in those cars anymore with him

I'm guessing Edelbrocks heads are known to be an easy 800 hp? or what's the point of the swap.

I'm guessing Edelbrocks heads are known to be an easy 800 hp? or what's the point of the swap.
Wants bigger valves... the exhaust gasket almost looked upside down, weird how it covered the port.. i would gladly take those old heads they are pullin :)

I imagine with the right gasket and maybe header there's probably no port interference.
Might be the reason it was down a bit or a lot on the dyno.

He said he wasn't changing the cam. J.Rob

Yeah,,,he did state that,,,,,however,,,,when the Fifth video comes out,,,,he will testify that the old cam just wasn’t up to the task !
Besides,,,the owner wants 800 HP,,,,get that check book ready !
Also,,,,he’ll need a new distributor,,,,,that one is not working correctly,,,you know what I mean ?

Lol

Tommy

So he's tearing the engine slap apart to find 16hp that may be just the difference between one dyno and another.

I don't know how much he expects to get out of the motor.. or what it's use will be.. to me 734hp seems overkill for a street car.. What i don't get is why he hates that dual plane intake soo much...

P.S. i have a buddy that tunes twin turbo vettes and i have been in 1500+ hp street cars.. there is a point where it's just insane.. i won't even get in those cars anymore with him
He hates the intake because of 3 reasons.

1. He knows who bult it.
2. He has never had a Mopar Marine 2x4 4160 intake before him and has no idea how good it actually is. (800hp...NO...amazing manners AND driveability...yes)
3. He wants to showcase his HEMI prowess

Human nature dictates that we are fearful of the unknown. J.Rob

Wants bigger valves... the exhaust gasket almost looked upside down, weird how it covered the port.. i would gladly take those old heads they are pullin :)

Yeah those exhaust ports were like that when I began work on those heads. I deemed the intake valve size and repaired the intake ports to be adequate. I also assessed the ultra raised exhaust ports as I knew where and whom these heads came from....figured they make mondo torque without spending 10 hrs on them. As for the header gasket port overlap???? Big deal and it ain't. 250" plus it's the floor and the exhaust ports being this way is probably why this beast had 17" manifold vacuum @ 1080-1100rpm when it left my place. I love how all of a sudden there are no headers in the world that will ever fit those heads!! Hate to tell you---those are just ordinary TTI E body G2 headers that you just ran. J.Rob

The owner wants 800 hp
He's got a shot at it but if he keeps the cam and makes 1 wrong move..+ his dyno is conservative (which he just proved different)...well...we will see. He doubts 734hp with an intake he has never seen + my buddies carbs are seriously magic, but 2 ELDABRAWCKS on an ELDABRAWCK manifold will get him to 800hp+? I.just.dont know...we will have to wait and see. J.Rob

Yeah,,,he did state that,,,,,however,,,,when the Fifth video comes out,,,,he will testify that the old cam just wasn

’t up to the task !
Besides,,,the owner wants 800 HP,,,,get that check book ready !
Also,,,,he’ll need a new distributor,,,,,that one is not working correctly,,,you know what I mean ?

Lol

Tommy
You are not wrong, sorry I missed your post.

I dunno, after seeing how he has so many HEMIS (HEMI HEAVEN) on the go, we may not see a conclusion to this.

There was a video of a 572 HEMI that came In at his plave With a dropped valve...is there a video conclusion to that one? J.Rob

Wheeeww!!!

No meat in the one…….. nuthin but fluff.
I FF thru pretty much the whole thing.
but you did catch the hemi on a stand he's only asking 90k for? bargain!

Wheeeww!!!

No meat in the one…….. nuthin but fluff.
I FF thru pretty much the whole thing.
No meat!? The goal is now 800hp, which should provide much more interesting content soon! OK maybe not soon but eventually. J.Rob

No meat!!

There’s talk about a nice steak to come at some point down the road.

But nothing to bite down on in that one.

Going from memory from Jesse’s first thread about that engine…….. I wouldn’t have thought the cam was an “800hp” cam.
I guess we’ll find out.

No meat!!

There’s talk about a nice steak to come at some point down the road.

But nothing to bite down on in that one.

Going from memory from Jesse’s first thread about that engine…….. I wouldn’t have thought the cam was an “800hp” cam.
I guess we’ll find out.
You mean a camshaft with a 112 LSA that produced 16.5-17" of vac @ 1050-1100 rpm? J.Rob

I have faith nick will figure it out! He wouldn't be famous if he wasn't amazing at what he does!

I hope they use that cam initially.
Depending on what else gets changed, it might make for a good head comparison test.
Then we’ll see how close it is to reaching that 800hp number(assuming the new heads are actually better).

I can’t recall off the top of my head, any N/A engine I’ve worked on that made 800hp+ with a cam as mild as what’s in that Hemi.

I hope they use that cam initially.
Depending on what else gets changed, it might make for a good head comparison test.
Then we’ll see how close it is to reaching that 800hp number(assuming the new heads are actually better).

I can’t recall off the top of my head, any N/A engine I’ve worked on that made 800hp+ with a cam as mild as what’s in that Hemi.
Before the total revamp and with a lot of effort with the S.S. Crossram intake it made 670HP. The customer said he would be happy if it made a solid 700hp. First test was something like 708hp and between a little AFR tweaks and with the correct timing curve it made the 734hp with no air cleaners of any type. We wanted to see how bad his little air cleaners were and they cost 16hp. The customer witnessed cold startup with the two chokes functional--It was December, warmup and the 734hp pull followed by the air cleaner pull and that was it. I was skeptical the cam would have enough to get it to even 700hp but it did. J.Rob

-
Back