Night and Day

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
I`ve had the original equipment style headlight bulbs in my 68 Barracuda and they are just not bright enough, especially compared to todays cars. Today I installed a pair of H6024ST Sylvania Halogen Silverstar bulbs and it`s like NIGHT AND DAY!!! Wow ,I never realized how dim those other bulbs were until I installed these. They easily have increased visibility by 30% if not half. I`m very pleased!:toothy7: They came to just under $40.00 for the pair. I recommend these bulbs highly!

You may want to look into getting some relays for those! They pull more current and will end up killing head light switches. The will also be even brighter!

I wired in relays on my 67 Dart. The voltage delivered to the lights was considerably higher (can't remember the numbers) than when originally connected. All you need to do is splice into the wires to the lights, need two relays. Wire the relays to a ground and a hot with the wire that actually activates the relay to a separate hot. I did it after I installed a denso alt, so I didn't really see any voltage gains at idle. It made sense to save the switch some stress. I'll be adding the halogen lights soon.

a 4 headlight and 2 headlight will in a sense be the same. you just separate the high and low beam circuits and put a relay for each circuit.

a 4 headlight and 2 headlight will in a sense be the same. you just separate the high and low beam circuits and put a relay for each circuit.

i realize that but i was looking for a plug in deal like the 2 hl painless one mentioned above.

There would be one relay that isn't going to be doing much but sitting there and actuating. But we have used them on many 4 light systems with no problems.

Yep i love my headlights! 90w/100watters. Funny, never thought those 'how-to's would get around at all. They seem to hop different forums, PM me with any issues/questions! :D

highbeams.jpg

neither the Stern Or MAD diagrams mention needing more than 2 relays in a 4 HL system.

So my jr has this dead 88 Honda Accord laying here and there are 2 nice relays that powered its headlight door motors available.
In looking at the Barracudas headlight wiring I see power supplied to the left lamp first and jumped from that connecter to the right bulb.
Appears it'll be a fairly simple modifucation... free too. Only problem is...
I really dont like the blue tinted bulbs. Wonder will the blue wash off ?
Has anyone cut holes through the back of the lamp house to make the bulbs easier to change ? I thought about that when I installed the things but didn't go ahead with it.

-
Back