Nite Moves Back update

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Well all its been 3 months now. Bad, bad day toady. First one in weeks. Nites are still rough 4 hour sleep and up for a couple before i can get a few more hours sleep. The days have been real good until today. Pain even with the meds for 9hours straight. I had accupunture done yesterday and dont like it. Not sure if this is why im alot of pain. Never this bad in along time. Going back to work modified for 4 hours next week. Man i hope i can do it. Going crazy,bitchy and not nice . totally not like me. Ive been doing some model cars to help pass time. Forgot how much fun it is . Havent done this since i was a kid. Tyrned out OK considering there all done standing up and most of the work is done in the middle of the nite. Cant believe hardly any stores around here anyway dont sell these. Times have changed. I guess if they were done/put together buy computers they would be really popular. LOL. Thanks for the time.

Attachments

• HPIM1772 (640x480).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 189
  • HPIM1773 (640x480).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 170
  • HPIM1774 (640x480).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 177
  • HPIM1775 (640x480).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 197
You can get them done by computers Die casts. I still have all my model's and kit's . Never thought of getting them out when I was house bound.:sign7:

Nice work on the models. I hope your back gets better soon.

I did the same thing Nite Moves (when my back was out) and built a Willy
It was my mid back, and about 3 years ago, a sneeze would make me go blind
I did water therapy on my own 8)and kept a cut off broom handle by my computer chair
I was about 18'' long and I would roll my feet back and forth on it, it did help my posture
and aid in realignment, Wow! That was a long couple months.
Stay strong and I hope this is out of your life soon bud, it sucks big time..
Models look great by the way, very well dun 8)

i feel for ya nite moves,good lookin models and yea there hard to find anymore.ive got a bad back myself but not to your severeness it gets me down every now and then . so wishin u luck and hope you get to feelin better soon.

I feel ya...I listed to a lot of CBC and audio books...

Spring is coming..

Ian.

Well all its been 3 months now. Bad, bad day toady. First one in weeks. Nites are still rough 4 hour sleep and up for a couple before i can get a few more hours sleep. The days have been real good until today. Pain even with the meds for 9hours straight. I had accupunture done yesterday and dont like it. Not sure if this is why im alot of pain. Never this bad in along time. Going back to work modified for 4 hours next week. Man i hope i can do it. Going crazy,bitchy and not nice . totally not like me. Ive been doing some model cars to help pass time. Forgot how much fun it is . Havent done this since i was a kid. Tyrned out OK considering there all done standing up and most of the work is done in the middle of the nite. Cant believe hardly any stores around here anyway dont sell these. Times have changed. I guess if they were done/put together buy computers they would be really popular. LOL. Thanks for the time.

Looking good Edd! I've been building them for many years now & find it to be a stress reliever & alot of fun. Here are 2 of my latest builds one replica of our Dart & an AMC Gremlin. If you want a little more motivation there are a couple threads going on FABO show every bodies work. Check out "winter time model building thread" and "Shafers model car thread" lots of great pics & ideas. Snake is right Stephen Licence on Front St. is about the best/only place to get models & supplies in this city. I travel to Kingston to Leading Edge Hobbies myself for most of my stuff (mainly because it's a bigger store & more variety), but Gerry @ Stephen Licence is great to deal with & can order in anything you want. The only problem with this hobby is that it is addictive I currently only have about 275 models but this is about a 3rd of what I did have.. lol Every once in a while I go through them & sell off a bunch to make room for some new stuff. This hobby would be a great temporary solution for you as it's not as hard on the back as bending over the fender on a full size car.8)

Attachments

• 100_2958.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 386702_534862796525495_730308560_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 106
They look good Ron but looksssssssssss like you need to do some wet sanding and buffing.

Thanks Don, but it's just the lighting in the pics as these have been wet sanded with 2500 grit and cleared. When looking at them in person they are as smooth as glass and shine like a mirror. It's just the pictures as all of mine are built to award winning standards and have many trophies & plaques to back them up. 8)

The Gremlin is painted using custom Pearl paints for all 3 colors which given the lighting might make it appear less smooth than it really is.:prayer:

Wow Ron u just blew my mind I was just kidding never thought model builders go to that ex stream 2 thumbssssssssssss up.

Here's a few of my other builds that have taken 2nd & 3rd place in provincial contest's. The vintage stock car & tow rig are built in memory of my Grandfather and built as close as possible to the way his real ones were. Lots of fun to build.:glasses7:

Attachments

• HPIM3635.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 125
  • HPIM0046.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 101
  • HPIM2487.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 114
  • HPIM2476.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 117
  • HPIM2479.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 102
Wow Ron u just blew my mind I was just kidding never thought model builders go to that ex stream 2 thumbssssssssssss up.

Thx Don, the replica of my Dart is custom built as they do not make a model of the 73 Dart. I used the body from a 69 Dart with the nose of a 75 Dart Sport grafted on for the front, and for the rear I used a resin replica 70 Dart bumper and completely hand built the body around the bumper. I did all of this just to make it as close as possible to my own Dart, it wasn't a cheap build as I had to order the rear bumper afternarket & 2 model kits to cut up. I even did the textured vinyl roof the same as mine. The unfortunate part is now that I have the model built it looks like I'll be selling the full size Dart, oh well lol

Hey Ed Stephen License on front St is were you need to look.Get well budy.
TThanks Snake. I actually went there on Thursday. Crap hes got alot........He also told me he can order them as well. I got the misses to drive me 1/2 way and i walked the rest. Man tiered when i got home but it did some good for the back. Went in by fluke really. Looking for a tube for my daughters bike.

Ron, The models are like amazing. Wow. It is fun and time consuming which is good for me right now. I have LOTS OF TIME....LOL.My boss refused me to go back this Tuesday. CRAPTACULAR...........I need to get back there doin something. To many modifications to my job. Like frig woman, Im being paid to be home. If i go to work for 4 hours and do really not much at least work is getting something out of paying me..........Dont you think?

The models look great Edd...I built one recently too, they are a challenge.

Sorry about your pain, have you tried or considered acupunture? My Dad and his wife both got tremendous relief from their pain. It wasn't cheap but it got them their lives back.

Well after 5 1/2 months being off im now back at work. On my 3rd week and all is going pretty good. Disc herniation is gone but still have the protruded disc. L4L5. Taking my time and not using the back to much.Tiered at the end of the day and still get sciatica approx. 10 to 20 times off and on during the day. Its bareable and usually walking around gets it gone. I never want to go through this again.

I never want to go through this again.

From my experience this is something that you will be careful about the rest of your life. You are very lucky that you can work again and don't have to drive with the little blue sign hanging off your rear view. That is fantastic !

ian.

-
Back