Nitrocellulose paint?

-

Bruce Leee

Reaction score
I am looking for a specific color of nitro paint. Aztec Gold to be exact. It was used on a 1952 Buick. Ditzler PPG Code 20847. Where the heck can I get this? I need this color for a project and cant seem to find it in a nitro paint. Thanks in advance.

Havent seen anything but acrylic laquer for decades, automotive use.
Does it have to be nitrocellulose laquer?
Only thing I know it gets used for is musical instruments, furniture.

You need to be on a Luthier's website, not a Dart website.

is there that much di

Is there that much difference? Did a guitar for a guy in acrylic lacquer. It sounds really good.

Yes there is that much difference. This has to be done 100% right or it is wrong. This is like disc brakes vs drums. Both work but only one is correct for most classic cars.

I tried re reanch already but they do not have the color. Guitar makers like fender used car paint back in the 60s and 50s. I own a musical instruments shop and this has been a super tough color to find. Who knew that this paint would be so hard to find. The only place that seemingly has the color is in England. Can't ship it to the us.

Yes there is that much difference. This has to be done 100% right or it is wrong. This is like disc brakes vs drums. Both work but only one is correct for most classic cars.

I tried re reanch already but they do not have the color. Guitar makers like fender used car paint back in the 60s and 50s. I own a musical instruments shop and this has been a super tough color to find. Who knew that this paint would be so hard to find. The only place that seemingly has the color is in England. Can't ship it to the us.
Then fly to England and pick it up....JMO. :thumbsup:

is there that much di

Is there that much difference? Did a guitar for a guy in acrylic lacquer. It sounds really good.

100% matters. There is right and there is wrong. Only this type of paint is right. I am trying any avenue I can to find this paint. I own a music shop so I have to have the right paint.

-
Back