No A bodies in Flagstaff

-

azaustin

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
At the Flagstaff car show. Very few Mopars and no I have seen no A bodies yet. Very disappointing.

Went to car show yesterday for donations for school supplies for the kids I was the only Mopar there

There were some B bodies there and a couple of Hellcats. Lots of different kinds of cars, including some “nothing special” cars like Boxster Porches. This was the first event I’ve attended in Flagstaff and I thought I might see some of the cars from the Prescott/Verde Valley area, but no such luck. I guess I’m spoiled by the big shows we have in Lake Havasu in the winter, not to mention our Thursday cruise night. Most of the cars I saw today were resto-mods or out and out street racers, and a few customs.

I'm sure that this probably will start a uproar, but that's not my intentions what so ever. I, to have been to a few car shows and cruises and have noticed a very small amount of mopars. So I decided to start asking around the different folks who were at the shows and they usually said that even though they liked mopars they found them more expensive to restore then ford or chevy. Parts availability also was a problem, one particular one comes to mind,I remember seeing a nice '73 duster and the grille looked like you know what so I asked the owner about it and he told me that there's no aftermarket grille's available for the duster, now I'm talking about several years ago. And still to this very day our beloved mopars don't enjoy the availability of a surplus of restoration parts, true it's better than it used to be. A/C lines for the A bodies are still not available, the 3 groove crankshaft pulley for a small block with air is almost impossible to find, and I'm not talking about the aftermarket ones. Don't get me wrong here I love mopars and always will but with their limitations on available parts for most of the A bodies is the reason why I only consider certain years to look at. Mopar owners have a harder time searching and finding parts for their mopars. I don't think that there's any grilles available for the darts before 1968, but with most of the ford's and GM's it's a different story. It's not negative attitude just the plain truth.

At the Flagstaff car show. Very few Mopars and no I have seen no A bodies yet. Very disappointing.
I was in Flagstaff yesterday and drove past the car show -- really wanted to stop but was on a tight timeline. Did you see the red Roadrunner R/T with the white top? I saw one heading towards town, thought it might be going to the show.

Yes, the Roadrunner was there. Also a 4 speed hemi charger as well as one with a big block.

Oh, we are around.
Just don’t go to Flagstaff much.

IMG_5477.jpeg

IMG_5476.png

IMG_5475.jpeg

I was hoping to see some of the cars from your area, but understand that you may not have wanted to make the drive. Are you guys going to be at the Dewey show? We were camping and missed the Prescott show.

I was in Flagstaff yesterday and drove past the car show -- really wanted to stop but was on a tight timeline. Did you see the red Roadrunner R/T with the white top? I saw one heading towards town, thought it might be going to the show.
Roadrunner R/T?

I apologize, my ignorance is showing. A quick glance and my brain thought "Roadrunner" and I saw R/T badging. I now realize R/T is a Dodge thing.....don't drag me over the coals!

I was hoping to see some of the cars from your area, but understand that you may not have wanted to make the drive. Are you guys going to be at the Dewey show? We were camping and missed the Prescott show.

I like the drive a lot more than the shows.
Most of the cars in the picture decided at that very show we were going to start going on drives instead.

Last show I went up north it was me and a Hellcat doing 90-100 on I17 most of the way.
Obviously the Hellcat had way more, but I didn’t have any problem sticking with it climbing elevation at those speeds.
Dart did me proud.

Yep, since the shows that have the same old cars and same old winners at every one, we decided to start spending our money on gas instead.

I’m all for driving them as much as possible. People get to see the cars either way, although my days of felony speeding are far behind me. If I need an adrenaline rush I can still ride my dirt bike.

A lot of us aren’t getting any younger, and I’ve decided to take a little time away from my coupe this winter and get my convertible up to where I’m comfortable on the road with it. It really doesn’t need that much to get there, as it’s drivable locally now.

-
Back