No Answers on FBBO, I'll try FABO!

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
Hi Guy's, It for my b-body but can't get any feed back over there on this one. I had the rear section of my 65 coronet convertible replaced and read that the vert came with torque boxes like the hemi's. does anyone have a photo to post showing the torque boxes? Here is what I put on my vert below. I am also going with frame rail connectors. Do I need both for 325HP? I wanted more support do to no top. Oh yeah, the donor was a 4 door car.

Attachments

• 4%20door%20Coronet%20rear%201.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 247
  • Misc%20004.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 240
You should be fine with a good set of welded frame connectors.

If you really want to stiffen it up make the connectors with 2X3 stock and run them through the floor boards.

If you really want to stiffen it up make the connectors with 2X3 stock and run them through the floor boards.

X2

With a set of connectors the boxes are not as needed.

The torque boxes tied the front and rea frame rails to the rocker assemblies which in a sense created a frame rail, just not a straight line and not nearly as strong. A good set of frame rails should be all you need. Torque boxes could only help. Your original front torque boxes are still there right ? Have fun :)

Thanks much!!!

X2

With a set of connectors the boxes are not as needed.
Noted, Thanks Much!!!

The torque boxes tied the front and rea frame rails to the rocker assemblies which in a sense created a frame rail, just not a straight line and not nearly as strong. A good set of frame rails should be all you need. Torque boxes could only help. Your original front torque boxes are still there right ? Have fun :)
Thanks to all!! This project got alot more in depth than I ever imagined.:tongue3: But I have a nice solid car. The amount of money this resto cost me will go with me to my grave.

Thanks much!!!

Noted, Thanks Much!!!

Thanks to all!! This project got alot more in depth than I ever imagined.:tongue3: But I have a nice solid car. The amount of money this resto cost me will go with me to my grave.
Thats about normal-Good Luck!!!!!

Convertibles had a thick plate running the length of the rocker panels. Was it cut through when the rear section was cut off? This made the rockers rock solid, and the torque boxes connected the front and rear frames to it.

Convertibles had a thick plate running the length of the rocker panels. Was it cut through when the rear section was cut off? This made the rockers rock solid, and the torque boxes connected the front and rear frames to it.
Not sure, I will check and see when I go by the shop. Thanks

-
Back