No bites on a complete 4 speed setup for sale.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisonm

Reaction score
@Dutchrebuild has a complete 4 speed setup for sale on this forum at this time. It has been listed for over a month. We aren't supposed to carry on conversations in sale ads, so I am saying it here. Isn't it strange that people are constantly saying they want to convert to a 4 speed but can't find anything; then when a complete setup like this comes up we hear crickets.

I tooled up and made a very specific gun part that people were going into atmospheric prices for.

As soon I finished em.... Sold zero. And they're cheaper than what the originals were selling for by HALF

Not much seems to sell these days. I have lots of parts for sale and it seems to take an eternity to actually sell them.

@Dutchrebuild has a complete 4 speed setup for sale on this forum at this time. It has been listed for over a month. We aren't supposed to carry on conversations in sale ads, so I am saying it here. Isn't it strange that people are constantly saying they want to convert to a 4 speed but can't find anything; then when a complete setup like this comes up we hear crickets.
I saw that ad. The shipping would kill the deal for me. Locally, it makes sense.

I see he's doing local pickup only which is totally understandable. I'd be interested for sure if it wasn't 800+ miles away.

“Local pickup only”

By making it local the market gets MUCH smaller. And yeah freight would be expensive and crating it all up would be a pain, but at least then it would be an option for someone that wasn’t local that needed it now and were willing to pay the freight instead of looking all over the place for who knows how long.

I mean there’s lots of members wanting a 4 speed, but how many of them are states away or further? How many are ready to buy or do the swap today? How many are actually serious? Wanting one and actually doing the conversion are two different things.

Large stuff like that is just hard to sell. I sold off the front clip parts from my ‘74 Duster when I swapped it over, I had to crate most of it and ship it. And I didn’t make much money at all doing it, compared to my time to crate and ship all of it.

Plus it’s an unrebuilt 4 speed. I’m not saying it’s not a good price considering it comes with everything, but there’s more work and more expense there for sure. Something completely rebuilt would be worth a lot more, but it would also be more desirable.

Then there’s the market for 5 and 6 speed conversions. Yeah, lots more expensive, but if you’re going to spend thousands on a conversion already a couple thousand more for a modern overdrive transmission is pretty tempting. I 4 speed swapped my Duster before I 6 speed swapped it. The work to do the 6 speed swap was definitely a lot more, but the new 5 speed options are a lot closer to a 4 speed conversion from a fabrication/install difficulty standpoint. And if you’re going to do 70% of the work, and you’re tearing everything down already…

To be honest, IF I had an auto car, and I wanted to convert to a manual, I would not bother with a four speed. Five speed or six speed only. I haven't wanted a four speed inthirty years.
I DO have four manual trans cars..... two with three speeds on the floor, two with column shift three speeds. If any of them get changed out, likely to be a T5.

What's he askin for it? A lot of times, if no one responds, the price is too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back