No brake lights/hazards

-

MvJackson

72duster
Reaction score
so I know that this is a tired thread to start new and my answer is probably in one of them but I am on my phone only.

So headlights, turn signals front and rear and running laid lights all work.

No brake lights or hazards.
Tested with new brake light switch and it's still got no brake.

I know that the brakes run up through the turn signal and hazard circuit. With the turn working problem should lay in hazard yes or no?

Brake and hazard are on a separate fuse from those others. This fuse hot at all times. Blown? Loose in the clips?

If a test lamp will show power going into the brake lamp switch at pedal and also show power going out on the white wire when brake pedal is pushed, the next interrupt is the turn signal switch.
This switch sends brake lamp power to both rear lamps when centered and only one or the other when activated left and right. So this switch can do turn operation fine while not doing brake lamps in any position.
Hope this helps

I found the main issue. The prongs that hold the fuses in on the brake circuit.

While the fuses was in tight the prong for one of them was broken. And it was wedged but still not in full contact.

Anybody know where to pick up those prongs or is a whole fuse box now needed?

The fuse clips on the line in side of the box are on sections of buss bar for just 1 or multiple fuses. Clips at the line out side are single separate pieces for each fuse. I don't know if anyone has found new correct replacements. Some have resorted to a inline fuse holder outside the OEM fuse box. Female spade connector slipped onto what remains of the original clip. Good luck with it

-
Back