NO CLASSIC CARS

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you put this link up? The OP never once said he would consider a 4 door and definitely not a 74 Valiant.....the rear of those cars aren't attractive at all and it's already been custom cobbled by previous owner anyway. He stated what he was looking for and it's not 4 doors, it's not a Pontiac, it's not a rusty 64 Valiant......he wants what he wants and the cars he listed for the most part bring pretty decent money and I stated he would need minimum 25k to buy a nice rust free V8 model that is running and driving. I am not sticking up for the OP but some of the junk you guys are asking him to look at is ridiculous. At least if the car you listed was an early B body 4 door then at least it could be possibly converted to a 2 door sedan and even if not they are WAY BETTER LOOKING than a 74 Valiant 4 door.......LOL......GEEZ

I'm getting in touch with a friend of mine to buy my engine stand, jackstands, and few other things that I won't be needing anymore, I'm done with the car scene.
So, Dan, how much did you get for your stuff?
It's probably worth 20 bucks for the lot if it's in REALLY good condition...

here is a pontiac in your area. go get it. it is in st peters, mo.it has 16 pics od car. a/c, auto, under 79k miles. lots of stuff for you to tinker wit. GO GET IT. View attachment 1715940417 View attachment 1715940418
AND.......ITS AN A BODY!! Full frame, poor mans 4 link, prolly wid a tree fiddy! Those ride pretty smooth. Give it the dirty eyeball for the rust and BAM!! you are in business.

Yea! I’m pretty much done with this asshole. The amount of stink emitting has become unpleasant. The level of stupidity shown is unprecedented at this forum.
I LMAO when he said “11red X’s, is that a record?”

It’s the world telling you something moron!

So many people are trying to help this guy out but yet he keeps coming back acting like a dumb bastard.
I was talked to like that when I was growing up and I told myself that I wasn't going to put up with it in adulthood, I know that I have my faults, if you can't talk without talking like that don't say anything to me.

There does seem to be a bottle neck thus lul in classic car market? Some certainly to do with supply chain issues holding up even just maintenance work. Thus more cars waiting. Prices still look strong. With A-bodies seeing more love than in the past. Still well behind crazy pricing that B&E have experienced. But that may be good. It still allows new folks to the Mopar world. And an avenue for those with less means.

I was talked to like that when I was growing up and I told myself that I wasn't going to put up with it in adulthood, I know that I have my faults, if you can't talk without talking like that don't say anything to me.

You whine in public about non existent problems and invite criticism, don't like it? Whine in private.

Have you even bothered to post want ads? In how many places? Or is your time too valuable to sift through other people's work and effort?

No wonder you were talked harshly to as a kid. Your buddy will be doing you a favor to unburden you of your tools.

So many members have offered help, and you just complain about their efforts. I'm amazed the majority haven't put you on ignore.

You whine in public about non existent problems and invite criticism, don't like it? Whine in private.

Have you even bothered to post want ads? In how many places? Or is your time too valuable to sift through other people's work and effort?

No wonder you were talked harshly to as a kid. Your buddy will be doing you a favor to unburden you of your tools.

So many members have offered help, and you just complain about their efforts. I'm amazed the majority haven't put you on ignore.
I've never complained about anyone's effort. Some of the replies were about project cars which is fine for most people but I don't want a project car. I'm grateful for all of the help I have gotten from people and I've taken notes so I don't repeat myself. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not perfect, I have faults.

Wow, I could have found a car by now with minimal effort, in the time this thread has been up.

There's search engines made to scour the web and get the ads right in front of you. Plenty of cars out there for sale but it's not the 90's anymore and prices have gone up. If your budget isn't high enough, gonna have to wait, and wait again as the prices will have gone up again.

**** or get off the pot.

Again, it’s not negative energy, it’s the truth.
You can’t handle the truth.
That’s why it’s negative for you.
I wish you truly the best luck in altering your mind to accept not only the truth but in the savings of funds to get what your looking for.

Yea! I’m pretty much done with this asshole. The amount of stink emitting has become unpleasant. The level of stupidity shown is unprecedented at this forum.
I LMAO when he said “11red X’s, is that a record?”

It’s the world telling you something moron!

So many people are trying to help this guy out but yet he keeps coming back acting like a dumb bastard.

askhole_1024x1024.jpg

Wow, I could have found a car by now with minimal effort, in the time this thread has been up.

There's search engines made to scour the web and get the ads right in front of you. Plenty of cars out there for sale but it's not the 90's anymore and prices have gone up. If your budget isn't high enough, gonna have to wait, and wait again as the prices will have gone up again.

**** or get off the pot.
Yeah. Not sure where this thread is going? But I am seeing a drop on Craigslist and other bottom feeding type listing. Of course there is plenty on the over priced sites.

I think this is a continuation of the original whine that started 2 decades ago. "Where are all the fabulous deals?" Lol.

Yeah. Not sure where this thread is going? But I am seeing a drop on Craigslist and other bottom feeding type listing. Of course there is plenty on the over priced sites.

I think this is a continuation of the original whine that started 2 decades ago. "Where are all the fabulous deals?" Lol.

CL started charging for listings for cars and motorcycles.

One tip is to look in the parts section. Lots of scams, but also that's where people post their projects or the occasional person who doesn't know what they have posts their vehicles. I've seen some legit deals.

That's one of the reasons Facebook is used more and more for sales - it's free. But it's also a goddamn mess. Still, given 9 months I could find a good car.

Hell, just 7 years ago I paid under $6k for a low mile 318 auto car with a new interior and a maaco discount respray that came with lots of goodies already installed. Deals exist, even if the current market is what it is. I've seen plenty of very nice cars all over sell from $10-18k that could probably have fetched over 30 on ebay or BaT.

I wasn’t talking to you in that post.

Re read the post, posts. **** or get off the pot.
Many are trying to help.
I’d like to help and will if I can. But you put up standards similar to modern feminist. AKA Impossible standards.

You PM’d me with an engine question that I felt was better answered and handled by others and said so with a referral. With this route, at least you know I am not BSing you.

Problem is;
You come off as a complainer with unrealistic hopes.
This is how the board sees it and you.
Again, good luck on your unicorn search.

Again, good luck on your unicorn search.
Funny, I stumbled on my unicorn, just by looking at FCBO. Car is a mess, needs a complete restoration, but I got it, and I'm gonna love spending every dollar it needs, and the price keeps going up every day, but I got it.

This isn't a money game to most, we buy what we can, fix what we can, and work hard to pay for someone to do what we can't. It's usually a losing proposition, which is why I generally don't sell.

Funny, I stumbled on my unicorn, just by looking at FCBO. Car is a mess, needs a complete restoration, but I got it, and I'm gonna love spending every dollar it needs, and the price keeps going up every day, but I got it.

This isn't a money game to most, we buy what we can, fix what we can, and work for someone to do what we can't. It's usually a losing proposition, which is why I generally don't sell.
A men! One day, maybe, I’ll afford a super bitchen resto ride. (I have a small bucket list incase of winning a lotto draw.) Until that day, rusted out junk I’ll enjoy, fix as I go.
I’ll farm out the roll cage, block, crank, etc machine work and do what I can otherwise.

I've never complained about anyone's effort. Some of the replies were about project cars which is fine for most people but I don't want a project car. I'm grateful for all of the help I have gotten from people and I've taken notes so I don't repeat myself. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not perfect, I have faults.

Even if you buy someone else’s “Driver” your still going to have a project to unfuck someone else’s fuckery. These cars are a never ending project. I saw a real nice duster roller a few months back on Craigs ShitList for 10k you drop a BP crate and a Brewers 4 speed in it (just say 10k) you got yourself a sweet ride for less than someone else’s fuckery. Just ask one of my buddies, he paid way too much for a 67 nova, and then it needed almost another 10k due to fuckery…

Ya know, if ya really wanted a classic you’d already have one…

A men! One day, maybe, I’ll afford a super bitchen resto ride. (I have a small bucket list incase of winning a lotto draw.) Until that day, rusted out junk I’ll enjoy, fix as I go.
I’ll farm out the roll cage, block, crank, etc machine work and do what I can otherwise.
I ride Scruffy Style, but my unicorn will be done right, a '66 Canadian Monaco 383 4 speed car. They didn't make many 4 speeds for the US market, even less for Canada. 1 of 38 is what the seller was told, and we agreed there's no way to verify that number.

Oh yeah, I had to go to Blaine Washington to get it. I've learned that if I want a car, I have to go get it, or have a company transport it for me. Another added cost, but I've fetched five cars and had one delivered.

Eugene Oregon
Lincoln Nebraska
Indianapolis Indiana
Blaine Washington
Idaho Falls Idaho

Shipped a car from Seattle.

If you really want one, you'll go to where it is. I wish they all fell in my lap, that would have been cool, but I also wouldn't have my adventures and the stories to go with them.

2 yrs ago I picked up a slant 6 duster and paid 7K after owner made me pay taxes. (she worked for the capitol, so fair enough). Patina car. Had a friend resurrect the seats and spray bomb the fleas out. (vibration activates them, they can stay dormant for years I guess) Big *** front sway bar and a spoiler from that guy that makes steel ones. Its still slow as f#$k but its got cragers and stops. Its a blast and what I consider low buck fun. Non ethanol gas at $6.50 a pop, rebuilt carb. starts with a bump. I can enjoy it until I swap it or not. Get in the game with a driver, the prices for these things seem to be pretty steady. But maybe the whole gasoline thing is on its way out like in the early 70s and you will be happy you stalled......but I doubt it. Sure you are getting beat up a little, but man I tell ya, Not ONE of my threads has lasted 5 F$%kin pages so feel the love and get on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back