No fluid to rear brakes..

-

soaringcowman

Reaction score
Ok so i've replaced pretty much all my brake hardware as in brand new hard and rubber lines, master cylinder, distribution block, only thing that hasn't been replaced was the brake pad and wheel cylinders just because i've been told they were good. But my problem is that i'm not getting any fluid to the rear brakes, i've tried bleeding them and nothing will come out!! and also for some reason i keep getting a fluid puddle right on of the distribution block, but all the lines are tight. Any help will be welcomed!

Possibly there is rust or some debris that got into the system and clogged up inside the wheel cylinder or in the distribution block and the over pressure is why ur leaking by the block. Just couple ideas that I can think of.

the top line on the distribution block is that the rear brake feed line? or the front?

the top line on the distribution block is that the rear brake feed line? or the front?

I'd try it this way. Take the rear brake line off the hose to the rear axle and have someone push the pedal slowly. Watch to see how fluid is coming out. Nice steady stream? Got problems somewhere between the hose and the wheel cylinders. Trickles? Then the problem is from there forward. Unhook the line from the block, have someone push the pedal slowly again. Steady steam? Then the problem is in the hard line going back. Trickle, then the problem is obstruction in the block or in the line between it and the master, or the master itself. Keep narrowing things down like this. You'll need some more fluid, but it can help narrow things down, and you're trying to bleed the system anyway.

-
Back