No Headlights WTF!

-

DartSportGreg

The system has failed!
Reaction score
Got in my car today started it up ,warmed it up and bam,, no headlights? Dimmer works, dash lights, work parking and tail lights all work . It has to be the switch right? I jiggled wires and cleaned the ground and everything and can't get the headlights to work for the life of me. I'm gonna try a new switch I guess and if that doesn't work I think I just won't drive at night, which will suck ***, then I will blow my car up!

"dimmer works" you mean the hi-lo beam dimmer switch or the dimmer for the dash lights? Check the hi/lo dimmer switch, (pull the wires off it and make sure you are getting 12 v to the middle wire) I think it is the middle one). You should be able to connect the hot wire to one of the other ones to get your headlights. Also, look at the main hot coming into the headlight switch. That gets hot and discolors or rusts sometimes...

"dimmer works" you mean the hi-lo beam dimmer switch or the dimmer for the dash lights? Check the hi/lo dimmer switch, (pull the wires off it and make sure you are getting 12 v to the middle wire) I think it is the middle one). You should be able to connect the hot wire to one of the other ones to get your headlights. Also, look at the main hot coming into the headlight switch. That gets hot and discolors or rusts sometimes...

I'll try it. I did mean the dimmer for the dash lights. Thanks for the input.

Got in my car today started it up ,warmed it up and bam,, no headlights? Dimmer works, dash lights, work parking and tail lights all work . It has to be the switch right? I jiggled wires and cleaned the ground and everything and can't get the headlights to work for the life of me. I'm gonna try a new switch I guess and if that doesn't work I think I just won't drive at night, which will suck ***, then I will blow my car up!

Check your ground to the radiatior support where it comes out of the harness behind the grill. The wire can get frayed and not make a good ground.

-
Back