no inner fenders?

-

hw612

The Mopar Martian.
Reaction score
im working on a big block early a, and was wondering what is the best way to run without inner fenders and maintain some structural integrity without doing j bars?

I can't imagine any other way. The front inner fender wells are structural.

I can't imagine any other way. The front inner fender wells are structural.
Not really. While they do serve as a structural member in regards to supporting the core support they are not really structural as to where they carry any weight of the car, or at least they is my impression from this getting argued about numerous times in the past. The upper shock mount does not attach to them in any way, it is a small distance off. Would not be very difficult to remove them and replace them with a tube structure to support the radiator support and provide an area to mount the fenders to, very similar to what is done in the pre-runner trucks.....and not the Toyota that say pre-runner on the sides form the factory. Will look for pictures....
Wheres a good cheap place to get j bars?
I posted a link to John's site. While they are j-bars the intention of his, if I am guessing right, is to help support the front of the car in event that you install coil overs. If you remove the inner fenders, from what I can see in the picture on Johns website, they will not provide any support to the radiator support.....THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS, so there is no need to crucify me over them....

not the best picture but hopefully good enough. my friend built this truck. Rangers have a metal inner fender. This truck had them removed and they were replaced with the tubular structure that serves as the top shock mount and with the addition of some smaller tubes and sheet metal will provide an area to mount the tops of the fenders to....

Attachments

• t21.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 473
I removed the inner fenders on my duster and just left the top strip that the fender bolts to and about a 3" wide strip on the core support just to help support it a little more when the fenders arent attached.

Without the inner fenders, the front end moves up and down A LOT! The inner is an integral part of mopar front subframe design structure.

I'd either snout/J bar it or deal with the floppy front end.

-
Back