No Laughing At The Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier

-
To put this in perspective, this is probably the "modern" version.

When I was in boot camp, they'd just say "SHUTTHEF###UP"

Should have fired a few rounds in the air first then spoke---Un-real people these days cap there *** and send them to Russia!!!!!!!!!! Boy what has happened to our country-Hell i still get a tear in my eye at the national anthem!!!!!!And i never had the balls to serve this country----Swifter

Ya know it simply never occurred to me that people needed to be REMINDED of these things, especially after an announcement was made at the beginning

I'm sure all solders, and even us Navy, know that these drills and movements are NOT exactly routine, "standard" drill

If you look on youtube, it turns out not to be an isolated incident. Almost just as bad, they announce before the change of guard that "it is requested you remain standing and silent."

That doesn't stop some of the lazy slobs from leaning on their chins on the rail, etc

Here's a compilation I found of the same stuff

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCPbP_a46I&feature=related"]Tomb Guards Reprimanding Visitors (Arlington Cemetery) - YouTube[/ame]

Stay behind the rails!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG40fRF6dvU&feature=related"]Guard warns visitor at Tomb of the Unknowns - YouTube[/ame]

At 1:00 spectators are asked to stand and remain silent!!! THANK you!!!!

At 8:00 he has to give a 'gentle reminder' to a spectator

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9rufMBujMo&feature=related"]Spectator Asked to Stand at Changing of the Guard - YouTube[/ame]

I have been there before. Even as a little kid I knew to keep my mouth shut and my hat off. Thanks to my Grandpa.

I was there one time and seen them chase some people off the plaza. It sure scared the **** out of them.

They are guards and they do just that, guard.
I knew that they will make "on the spot corrections" with visitors. I know also that social status or rank doesn't matter, they will correct anyone who is out of bounds.

You have to commend the Honor Guard for doing his Job

This is hollowed ground, it is where my Heros rest

I wish they would keep the immature children OUT until they understand the meaning of honor, commitment, and sacrifice.

And to the "adults " that cannot behave.....let them clean the parking lot with toothbrushes!

This is hollowed ground, it is where my Heros rest

I wish they would keep the immature children OUT until they understand the meaning of honor, commitment, and sacrifice.

And to the "adults " that cannot behave.....let them clean the parking lot with toothbrushes!

wrjjol.jpg

These disrespectful Americans are the same reasons I wonder on my daily drive home from work why I have given 14 yrs of my adult life to the service of my country. Of course then I remember not everyone actually knows what the words Honor, Respect, and Devotion to Duty mean.

i have always had respect for military and police ever since i was very young, i can remember being 6 or so and saying that you to soldiers in uniform... but i TRUELY learned what hallow ground ment when i went to the Normandy Cemetery in Colleville-sur-Mer Basse-Normandie Region France...

i was only 13 but i broke down on the ground when i saw all the crosses, judist stars, and the unknown soldiers... its something i will never forget as long as i live...

cimetiere_americain_101.jpg

This is my first post.
A person Laughing, sitting down or have a hat on
Makes me want to cry seeing that.

the symbol these "unknows" mark and all our veterens at rest is that of... Duty, Honor, and Courage.

which by the way...our elected so called Represenatives lack...all of them! . Not one...not a single one ....feels the Duty....or has the Courage to investigate this ubsurber in our White House.

now that is something to cry about!

BTW...there is NOTHING political about breaking our laws or trampling OUR Constition/Bill of Rights....it is CRIMINAL!!!

I am ashamed by the disrespect shown by all too many "Americans" at the tomb. They should have stayed home.

God Bless the young sailors that performed so respectfully at my dad's burial at the National Cemetary in Inverness, FL. The notes of Taps flowed over the ground like tears. Brothers in arms, indeed.

I mostly agree with the exception of how will they learn unless they are shown?

Great video for my Monday morning. Thank you.

Respect has all but completely disintegrated in our country today. I would like to see assemblies yearly or bi-yearly in our middle and high schools that show similar scenes such as this. Assemblies that show the true loss of life that has been given to allow all of us to continue our lives as free men and women today. Not numbers in a history book, not a teachers lecture whom they disrespect on a daily schedule. But a real soldier and retired soldiers who have seen battle and have been in the thick of it to walk them through their experiences and a "virtual tour" of places like Arlington and the tomb of unknowns. Maybe it would help them think a little harder about the decisions they make on a daily basis and the simple fact that they are allowed to make decisions for themselves. Sorry, had to rant a bit...

I mostly agree with the exception of how will they learn unless they are shown?

Great video for my Monday morning. Thank you.

I get your point....and a good one at that!

...unfortunately...the children will never learn when their idiot parents let them run wild. I grew up in a non-PC , not everyone gets a trophy world,.... get out of line and Pops made sure you didn't do it again...same in school...we feared Sadie Miller, 4th grade, Pettisville,Ohio....and because we learned to repect authority...we LEARNED to behave...Thank God!

I'll bet ya there wasn't a Ms. Miller in the shooter with the orange hairs' life....foolish bastard!!

-
Back