no marker lights, dash lights nor dome light

-

bananayellow

72demon
Reaction score
i have a 71 Demon 340 auto i am getting on the road. i have headlights and taillights working as well as blinkers. But my front and rear side marker lights are not working nor my dash lights. Also my dome light goes on when i open the door but when i shut it i cannot get it on when turning my headlamp knob to the left. I am thinking all of this is related? i did replace the headlight switch but that did not correct my problem. Any suggestions from any of you as to what to try next?

Go to MyMopar.com and download yourself a factory service manual, fee. Go to the electrical section "8" At the start of the diagrams or near there is a chart showing what all is on which fuse.

Meanwhile, have you checked for power at the fuses/ fuse panel?

Check the fuse panel marked "acc." or "instrument" . should be 3 amps. glass fuse . Located left of steering wheel under dash .

I'm guessing dash lights and that dome lamp issue could be related if ground is the problem. The door jamb switches ground a yellow wire to make the dome lamp come on. The headlight switch grounds the same yellow wire? If so, inst' panel chassis ground is suspect. Do turn indicators and other lamps in the inst' panel work?

Check the fuse panel marked "acc." or "instrument" . should be 3 amps. glass fuse . Located left of steering wheel under dash .
The instruments are not really "supplied" from that fuse. They are actually sourced from the tail/ park circuit, goes through the light switch, dash dimmer control AND THEN to the inst. fuse.

Since he has other problems, I'd guess it is "upstream."

Do you have a valid set of schematics for this car. Trying to work on the wiring without one is just plain dumb. If my other computer was not awaiting parts, I would offer you a set of schematics

-
Back