No mill, No W2 adapter plates, No problem

-
sorry if I pinched a nerve. :lol:

no nerve pinched. Lol. Just zero interest at this time. I can’t even get a bracket car to the track, have a motorhome up in the air outside trying to figure out what calipers it takes (brakes locked up). Running boards rusted off my dodge diesel and need replaced. And a lazy azz 32 year old that uses me as a place to live.

I hope things start coming together for you. a mid 9 pass is what you need.
the 32 year old lounge lizard would find his belongings at the fence line and the locks changed.

I hope things start coming together for you. a mid 9 pass is what you need.
the 32 year old lounge lizard would find his belongings at the fence line and the locks changed.

He’s my son and I love him. He moved back home tree years ago because of money issues. Then when they shutdown the gas line he took a job paying five dollars an hour less, no overtime like his old job, no medical, no paid holidays, no nothing. He won’t have anything till I’m dead.

He’s my son and I love him. He moved back home tree years ago because of money issues. Then when they shutdown the gas line he took a job paying five dollars an hour less, no overtime like his old job, no medical, no paid holidays, no nothing. He won’t have anything till I’m dead.
I get it, my youngest son is 23 and lives with us. He has no interest in anything mechanical.
Lazy ? I think it's no interest. There is 10 years difference between my youngest and middle son. difference is like night and day.
I love all 3 of them the same, I'd do anything for them.

So what is the proper number for the W2 adapter plate?

Well what a mess this project turned into. I called Hedman Wednesday a week ago and talked to him about getting a set of adapter plates and he told me the number I needed but that I had to order them through a vendor so I called summit and placed the order around 9am. I asked he if they could contact Hedman so they could get them shipped. This Monday afternoon I called to see what’s up as Georgia to pa ships pretty quick. Ohhhh they didn’t leave yet. Well guess what??? When they finally got here they were the wrong plates. So I call him again and we take some measurements and he says ohhhh you need this number. So now I paid for two sets till I get them shipped back. Who know when they will get here. So anyway a member messaged me and says he has some he would gladly sell. So I said I’m very interested and the next day he was going to email me some pictures. Never heard from him again and that was days ago. So I finished one side today and will try to finish the other side this weekend. All fit up for the passenger side and helicoiled. Two more races missed this weekend View attachment 1715759595View attachment 1715759596

Ok now don’t take this as Gospel till I have them in my hands, hopefully next week and I will try to update. On an Edelbrock head and I’m assuming a stock head the measurement between the center two exhaust ports (3-5 or 4-6) mounting bolts is 4 inches. This is the measurement for either holding the exhaust manifolds on or center header tubes. In my case I’m bolting W2 Hedman headers to an Edelbrock head. The plates he sent me measured 4 3/4 inches. I won’t post that number to help keep it from being confusing. The part number coming next week is (10220). I will update when I get them.

Finished the other set of plates last night except for helicoils and after some running went down to the shop to hit it hard. Five minutes later storm comes through taking trees down, telephone and power poles so no electricity for tonight. Ohhh well there’s always tomorrow.

Finished the other set of plates last night except for helicoils and after some running went down to the shop to hit it hard. Five minutes later storm comes through taking trees down, telephone and power poles so no electricity for tonight. Ohhh well there’s always tomorrow.

you coming to Monster Mopar?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. you can't even buy a break.

you coming to Monster Mopar?

I would say no. I’m entered in the race at Dragway 42 and I’m hopeful I can make it there. I got the brakes in my motorhome unlocked and now I see fluid on my gravel. So the car isn’t done yet and the motorhome needs work.
29AA8C71-BD0F-4439-AECD-A332BD905BD0.jpeg

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. you can't even buy a break.

It’s my fault for slacking. Looks like lots of rain this weekend but I would like to at least make Saturdays Mopar race at keystone. Just tow up for the day with the truck.

I hope it all works out for you during the next couple days.
I wouldn't call you a slacker either.

Ok guys my plates showed up today. The part number Husler part number is correct. 10220 will fit like a glove, after a 1/2 day of grinding with a carbide burr. This is a project for another day as the aluminum ones I made are close to being done. 4 hours of no power hurt the cause last night. Power went off three more times today but came back on for me. Out the road a mile they are coming up on 22 hours. A few quick pictures. On the picture of the middle two ports where you see the port hanging past the plate will be removed during porting work.
E423D6F4-E7BC-4CB7-9DE1-5EC6163B5A87.jpeg
ED05CF5B-1979-43CD-A3D8-A85E34EAF0F7.jpeg
93AF8064-8E11-4F20-81B5-DD89224A411E.jpeg

You can see on the right center port that’s out past the port on the head....... it appears that the hole in the plate is shifted closer to the adjacent bolt hole than the other one is.

And it looks like the two outer holes are shifted in the opposite direction.

You can see on the right center port that’s out past the port on the head....... it appears that the hole in the plate is shifted closer to the adjacent bolt hole than the other one is.

And it looks like the two outer holes are shifted in the opposite direction.

here’s a better shot of the port without the plate. As you can see this get removed anyway. That lip is already taken off by me on the left. The center exhaust ports on Edelbrock, speedmaster heads really need shaped.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

-
Back