No MONEY for GM or CHRYSLER!!!

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Just watch the news,and U.S or Canada are Not giving any money due to poor plans!Not good for auto industry!!

Not surprising, really. After the debacle with the AIG bonuses, anybody expecting free cash by just showing up with their hand out is gonna be in for a rough ride. These guys had better get serious. What I heard earlier in the day is Chrysler has 30 more days, GM 60, to go back and do thier homework and come back with a serious plan.
On the one hand, the auto makers are getting blamed for some stuff that isnt really thier fault, but on the other, we are talking about handing taxpayers dollars over to companies that have one foot in the grave already, so I lean a little closer to the other hand at this stage, but man, its a tough call.

Government and "Big Business." What "frickin" mess. Our government should lead the way with huge cuts in spending, before they ask the automakers to do the same. We don't have real leaders anymore, just "money hungry political fakers." I never do wonder anymore why our government is at a loss for real solutions. Lack of leadership is what got us in this mess. jmo

Government and "Big Business." What "frickin" mess. Our government should lead the way with huge cuts in spending, before they ask the automakers to do the same. We don't have real leaders anymore, just "money hungry political fakers." I never do wonder anymore why our government is at a loss for real solutions. Lack of leadership is what got us in this mess.
Damn straight. but the blame for this mess goes back a LONG ways. Cripes, Kennedy was a proponent of the so-called "Trickle down" economics that started us on this road. Somewhere along the drive, our leaders didnt notice the sign that said "Bridge Out".

I will have to get a new avitar?

images.jpg

Hey I kinda like the idea of fiat and chrysler.... mopar powered topolino gasser anyone? (I think I spelled it right...)

The government dictates what they build via DOT, NTSB, and whatever branch is setting MPG standards. Then they dictate how they build it via OSHA and EPA. Chrlsyer and GM could biuld 4000.00 68 Camaros or 70 Challengers but those wouldn't be legal for sale or highway use.
I think their moving plants out of the states was an honest effort to survive and they did good to last this long.
My analogy.. you cant stack cement blocks on a blade of grass for years and expect it to survive. If you can't and don't remove those blocks, watering now aint gonna help.

nice analogy redfish. i concur. you know i hear folks all the time saying how much better the foreign make are. but i often wounder if thier expectations are not slightly skewed, i my 30 years of driving only mopar stuff i can honestly say that i've never been treated badly by any single branch of the corp. i must note here that i have also had some problems with my vehicles mechanically,mostly tranny things, but i never had a problem getting them (problems) worked out. and in a timely fassion. granted, i don't take much gruff from anyone either. i wonder if the problem could be related to the instant grattification thing? as i said, its just a thought. one bad apple don't spoil the whole bucket, unless you leave it in there!

I can swear in Italian...gonna have to brush up on the rest of it.

"I wanna setta sputs- a- plog"

Then I break out the sign language...should be fun!

-
Back