No More Bats in my belfry!!

-

64dart170

Reaction score
Mood music!
Hit It!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjSDIfEfqXA"]YouTube - Devilman is the original 'Bat Out Of Hell' (Music Video)[/ame]

That's right, no more bats in my belfry!! LOL!!

When was the last time ya heard that word?? (belfry= BELL FREE)
Bell tower, area that holds the bells!!

It started spring last year. I started noticing rat crap on BOF in the barn. (our 67 Dart) After setting mouse traps for mice with scat the size of a rat LOL!!
next couple days no capture but more scat? What gives?? Peanut butter, check, cheese wiz, check. Field mice kills in the AM ZERO! rodent scat a plenty!

What the heck is going on???

Finally, last fall went out about 1 AM. I had been checking round the clock trying to figure out what the crap (literly) was going on here!!
I found a bat on barn rafters bivwacked above 1 of our cherished darts!!
Indiana brown bat is endangered and even though this one may or may not be who knows? Even though they totally creep me out and it was crapping on my protected cars, I was not going to off it with a shotgun. They eat too many insects and living in the bottoms we need all the help we can get in that department.
Garden Hose and flash light, soak bat, falls to the car fluttering at me on the way down, then starts crawling at me like it wants to suck my blood blahhhhhh....
I run from the barn at 1:30 AM screeming with the heebeejeebees like a school girl. Finally go back in and don't see a bat. Must have flown the coop. OK....
Go to move BOF out of the barn still creepin over the bat and thinking it's everywhere...was that it on my back??? AAAAHHHHHH!!!
No it was just the hood on my sweet shirt! What a puss!!!
I get in BOF, shut the door and start it to move out of the barn. It's still pitch black out with no moon out and cloud cover. I cant see a darn thing. So I turn on car lights, go to put in reverse and look up........
Sound from phsyco, bates motel, shower scene, TEH FREEKIN BAT IS CRAWLING WITH HIS MOUTH OPEN, MOVING HEAD FROM SIDE TO SIDE, CLIMBING UP TOWARDS MY FACE FROM THE WIPER ARM!!!! AAAAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGH!!!!
Turned on wipers and floored it!!!
Once out of the barn I threw it in park and flew out the passenger side grabbing hose and flashlight looking for bat.
Couldn't find, assult over, back to bed.
Tried several things till winter set in. Patio torches burning at night, coated the favorite hanging rafter with, ammonia, bleach, oil, tranny fluid, antifreeze, and with winter, no more bat.
FAst foward to last week.
More gwano on top of ABB new car Daisy!! OH no, I don't freggin think so!!
Plans for new war are on!!
Have always had bats showing up at dusk here. The will even fly right past you, in a stafing sweeping silent flight right by your head (eating insects). They will fly so close you can fell their wings almost touch each side of your head then causing a breeze too. It's when they almost hit ya and hit the air brakes, it feels like they just fluttered on the back of your head!! really freaks ya out!!
Anyway, last night I tried something new that I heard about and really thought it would work.
I sprayed the past couple days accumulation of gwano to put on my grape nuts in the morning......just kidding....I sprayed off the crap with the hose. Went into my garage and got my radio and ran a power line to the barn. Covered radio with old floor mats incase roof leaks. Switched radio to AM (amplitude modulation) found the setting having the MOST anoying static you ever heard with something in the area causing a loud click every 10 seconds on the airwaves too. It was horrible! I turned it up loud enough to hear 4-6 feet away from barn, went back in the house.:clock:
This morning went to the barn, NO BAT CRAP!!!!:cheers:
Must not have liked the static on the radio!! Couldn't get any sleep!!
The bats were using my barn for a nap. They would come at dusk to feed the area. Then into my barn for a 1-4 hour nap. Then they would leave before day break, I guess feeding all the way back to their day roost. They were never here during the day!! Weird!!
Just another weird day in the life at Aurora Darts!!:-D

Bet yall thought I FINALLY went to see someone about my head huh??!! What for I'm not crazy am I? No your not. Good I didn't think so any way. Hey? Who was that third voice in my head?????

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 104
I would imagine that if you leave their **** on a car long enough it'd strip the paint. Nasty little buggers but got a job to do.

We have bat's that fly here just before it turns dark, mainly down by the end of my drive way.
My uncle and I would catch these bats in Florida with a Cain pole with a ladies stoking with small rocks in it tied to about 5 feet of fishing line :happy10: Yep it works :cheers:

When the bats came out around at night we would hold the Cain poles up un the air and spin the ladies stockings around in a circle and the bats would get hit or hang up on it
The best Big bass and cat fish bait and Gator bait there is for night time fishing if you don't kill the bats when you catch them :angry7:
Picture this = dark at night and with a heavy pole and 50lb test line with a steal leader the bat's feet tied tight together floating and flapping on the water with two treble hooks just about 8'' below the bat................................................wait for it ...............8)

Then you hear a GIANT Spalsh !!!!!!!!:cheers:
we did not worry about removing the pair of treble hooks if it was a big Cat or gater.

Wow, The things this site makes me remember :)

Wait I can't get off the floor from laughing so hard.
1231_hysterically_laughing.gif

Sorry it is just too funny. Glad the cars wasn't hurt.

I would imagine that if you leave their **** on a car long enough it'd strip the paint. Nasty little buggers but got a job to do.

Not good on paint. Will stain early on.
Didn't want to kill the little dude, just wanted to convince him there are plenty other places to "Hang" out for a nap after a big meal.
The AM static on the radio actually seems to be working! LOL!!:cheers:

Forgot the disclaimer............No animals were killed in this adventure..............

LOL!!
The things ya got to put up with while trying to enjoy a hobbie/lifestyle8)

Haven't had any gwano on Daisy 4 days now and counting!!:cheers:

Hang a bat box on the northern outside wall, up towards the top of your barn. That way the bats sleep in the box and not above the car. And they stick around and eat the bugs.

-
Back