No power. No lights, accesories, no start. Help?

-

RedYeti

Happy To Be On The Show
Reaction score
All was well. I finally got my heads, intake, and new carb all installed and was setting the timing and whatnot, all was well. I came back to it later, and nothing.

I have power here:
Nut on the relay
Nut on the starter
Both sides of the fusible link

I don't have power here:
Nut on the alternator
Battery side of the ignition switch plug

I got no headlights, no starter, nothing. I can get the starter to engage with a screwdriver. I have no power at the fusebox, but no burnt fuses.
I checked voltage to the yellow wire of the relay with the ignition switch in the on position, no power.

Do I have a bad relay??? I don't know!!

Any and all help is appreciated.

If you dont have power to anything inside the cabin the problem just about has to be the fusible link circuit. It includes wire, connectors, and the amp gauge.

look at the plug that goes to colum make sure red wire didnt burn or on the bulkhead conection or conection on the amp meter

It could be the fuse link circuit, through the bulkhead, THE AMMETER, or a broken "in harness" splice I believe

I would suspect the bulkhead first

Thanks for the replies.

I found the problem. The fusible link blade inside the plug was disintegrated. I spliced on a new blade and cleaned up the plug, and we're alive again.

Thanks for the replies.

I found the problem. The fusible link blade inside the plug was disintegrated. I spliced on a new blade and cleaned up the plug, and we're alive again.
That's kool glad we could help got to love fabo that's what i was talking about when i siad bulkhead conection

-
Back