No power :(

-

1mean7Ddart

Reaction score
Ok guys maybe one of u guys can help me i install a msd box on my car and no it don't wanna spark.... i found the problem but don't know how to fix it.
the box has to have two red wires to work. (red) On/Off switch wiring. Connects to a switched 12 volt source. (heavy red) Ignition supply wire Connects to battery positive (+)... i have the 12v connected to the accessory's but when i go to crank the starter the 12v wire has no power. in other words the box don't get 12v when the starter is spinning

http://www.msdignition.com/uploadedFiles/MSDIgnitioncom/Products/Ignitions/6420_instructions(1).pdf

msdforcarbxh0.jpg

trace back the bypass feed wire that feeds the ballast. It should supply the power when the starter is spinning only. {i'm looking for the schematic now} not sure if it comes off the relay or the key switch directly. {best I can tell you right now}

find your original coil positive wire. hook the slimmer red 12 volt ignition wire from the msd to that original positive wire for the coil. This wire is hot wile ignition on and while starter is engaged. You could also us a light tester with a buddy cranking, and check all terminals in the original mopar ignition box connector and test for a hot wire while cranking and ignition on. Simply splice into that and you're good to go

find your original coil positive wire. hook the slimmer red 12 volt ignition wire from the msd to that original positive wire for the coil. This wire is hot wile ignition on and while starter is engaged. You could also us a light tester with a buddy cranking, and check all terminals in the original mopar ignition box connector and test for a hot wire while cranking and ignition on. Simply splice into that and you're good to go

super it worked!!!! thanks for the help buddy i really appreciate it...

-
Back