No prep Kings screws the pooch in Texas

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
According to officials at Xtreme Raceway Park in Ferris Texas, No Prep Kings has decided to pull it's racing event contracted to be at their track.
NPK contacted Xtreme and asked to reschedule the event they had contracted for the weekend after July 4th due to "low advance ticket sales".
They had already rescheduled at least once this year. Xtreme said ok, but we won't reserve the new date until the deposit has been paid.
Instead, NPK decided to contact Texas Motorplex in Ennis and put on their event there. NPK then decided to badmouth Xtreme Raceway Park and make it sound like
the whole thing was the track's fault. In addition, No Prep Kings had a website that people were sending money to for the July race. That website is STILL TAKING MONEY for the July race even though it's been cancelled! People are calling the track and demanding their money back. The track doesn't have your money NPK's website is where you sent it. Oh and by the way, The new Date in October at Texas Motorplex already has a race listed on it, so now the hot mess is going to be an issue for another track.
Xtreme Raceway Park is the finest racing facility I have ever competed at! Their people are the best and their facilities are top notch!
I don't blame the people at Xtreme for being fed up with this group and wouldn't blame them for never letting them come to their track again.

No prep is a joke, people with too much money who want to destroy their stuff so they can build another one...

Ran the 7.0 index once. Would have run it again, but when you “register” at the track, they tell you, this is NOT A RACE. It is a TV show. I got paired with a guy through their chip draw, was told you MUST race the car you draw. If you don’t, you lose. Sitting behind the burnout box and they wave my guy in but hold me. They wave my guy in against another guy. Wave the guy at the box over. Tell him that is my guy, he says so. They pair me with the guy who was supposed to get a bye. I lose to him. He’s ballistic in the next chip draw. I’m thinking my guy should be out. He didn’t run me. They don’t care. NOT A RACE. A TV show. Then Discovery bailed, never aired the episode. Brought a knife to a gun fight. Car has only ever run a 7.2 in the 1/8th.

Not to make any excuses for the XMP situation ( I've heard different versions from different sources) but NPK went through a transformation during this last weekend. The series is now No Prep Elites and they've added a four race championship series at the conclusion of the 'regular' season in which the top 16 in points will compete in the four race playoff for a winner take all $150K! The final race of the championship series is at Ennis. Being an original 405 boy myself I've always enjoyed the Street Outlaws/No Prep Kings series. I would caution not to hold the XMP situation against the NPE drivers as they didn't have anything to do with that, it's front office stuff and I hope they do right by XMP.

According to James Roach ( Reaper) the issue with XMP was not a matter of any money being paid or not paid, but rather race dates. NPE contacted XMP and told them the July 4th date didn't work for the series and XMP responded that was the only date they had available to host the event. Roach also said that he hopes the series can return to XMP at a later date.

Last edited:
According to officials at Xtreme Raceway Park in Ferris Texas, No Prep Kings has decided to pull it's racing event contracted to be at their track.
NPK contacted Xtreme and asked to reschedule the event they had contracted for the weekend after July 4th due to "low advance ticket sales".
They had already rescheduled at least once this year. Xtreme said ok, but we won't reserve the new date until the deposit has been paid.
Instead, NPK decided to contact Texas Motorplex in Ennis and put on their event there. NPK then decided to badmouth Xtreme Raceway Park and make it sound like
the whole thing was the track's fault. In addition, No Prep Kings had a website that people were sending money to for the July race. That website is STILL TAKING MONEY for the July race even though it's been cancelled! People are calling the track and demanding their money back. The track doesn't have your money NPK's website is where you sent it. Oh and by the way, The new Date in October at Texas Motorplex already has a race listed on it, so now the hot mess is going to be an issue for another track.
Xtreme Raceway Park is the finest racing facility I have ever competed at! Their people are the best and their facilities are top notch!
I don't blame the people at Xtreme for being fed up with this group and wouldn't blame them for never letting them come to their track again.
On the NPK web site it shows the race at Xtreme as "cancelled".

No prep is a joke, people with too much money who want to destroy their stuff so they can build another one...
The No prep I was at a couple years back, all the really fast guys were wrecking and hitting the concrete barriers at mid track. No prep seems like its for slower cars...but maybe these guys couldn't drive also...? :lol:

Actually npk chose to move it to another track.
I understand, you said “That website is STILL TAKING MONEY for the July race even though it's been cancelled! People are calling the track and demanding their money back.” I was merely point out they showed as canceled.

I understand, you said “That website is STILL TAKING MONEY for the July race even though it's been cancelled! People are calling the track and demanding their money back.” I was merely point out they showed as canceled.
I should have said "they were still taking money after they moved the race for a few days". As you noted they aren't anymore and they are showing that event as canceled. One of the issues is some people thought they were paying their money to the track, which they weren't.

I like prep racing...I'm the prep king with moose juice...@3am on boney rd...see ya there...stand back...they blow the tires off @ mid track with 30lb. of boost...insane...wish I had the coin to compete with those guys...

No prep kings can go to hell!

-
Back