No spark HELP!

-

smythge

65 with a BIG BLOCK
Reaction score
Got everything done on my 65 Dart 440 conversion, went to start it for the first time and no spark. I am running the Mopar Performance orange box same exact setup I had on the 318 and it ran the day I pulled the motor. I tried 2 distributors, 2 coils and no spark. Obviously I have some wiring wrong somewhere. I have the blue wire going to the Ballist resistor, the black wire to the negative side of the coil and the harness running to the distributor. Can someone give me some advice on what to check, I have run through wires there is power at ballist resitor, power to the coil power at the ecu, but no spark. Any help is appreciated.

Since you have power going to the + side of the coil and the ECU, you can eliminate the ballast and the + primary circuit. From there, I would connect a test lamp to the negative post of the coil and check for a pulsing light. If the lamp pulses, your distributor and ECU is o.k... if the lamp does not pulse, you have a problem with your distributor (already replaced), the ECU, or the primary wiring from the distributor to the ECU or from the ECU to the coil. Also, make sure that your pick-up coil gap is .008"

Figured out the spark the stupid wiring harness going to the ecu was not fully plugged in.

Tomorrow, need to get the drive shaft shortend and alternator bracket on, also can't go too far running open header right now.

I run open header 340 4 speed 391 sure grip rear, just let off the gas after your up to speed. LOL........TRUE

Oh yea in michigan you dont need seat belts in 64 or older because seat belts were optional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO bad yours is 65 LOL

-
Back