No Spark

-

Saetun

Sinister Swinger
Reaction score
Okay recently did a cam and head swap and after what seemed like endless setbacks, finally got everything reassembled. When i went to fire it up for the first time, it turns over really nice but no spark. Was able to determine that im getting power to the coil. I then replaced the coil but still no spark.

I swapped the distributor out with one that i know works fine, i swapped the orange box just in case, no spark.

Now when installilng the headers i apparently knocked the shift linkage out of whack and it wont turn over in park, only neutral. Would that possibly be a factor? I guess im really hoping it is due to the fact i know so little about electrical.

Any help or insight would be helpful.

Could you have a bad coil wire???

How much voltage are you getting into the coil? Measure from coil + to -. Should be a little over 6 volts.

Also ballast resistors go out easy. Never hurts to have a spare.

I was thinking it may be a coil wire as well. I'll pick up a new set of ignition wires & balast resistor. Hopefully it's one or the other. I'm dieing to hear this thing fire.

Could you have a bad coil wire???

How much voltage are you getting into the coil? Measure from coil + to -. Should be a little over 6 volts.

Also ballast resistors go out easy. Never hurts to have a spare.
i'm thinking ballast it was warm .and its a 4 pin if one side quits ......

-
Back