No Spark?

-

DOUGIE800

Reaction score
Hey Guys Last weekend Pulled My plugs Did a Comp test On my 340, While I had the cap and wires off replaced the cap/rotor. Next day put everything back In place no start. Since then this Is what I know Put the old cap rotor back on-no start(No spark from the coil). Today replaced the coil with a different one had laying around same stuff. Hmm not sure where to look now. Dist Is a MP electronic and use the MP Orange Box Actually just replaced it recently, What would be my next place to look? D

Checked with a test light, but seemed dim compared to crossing it at the battery.D

Ballest resister also if you orange box is loose ,it need to be tight for a good ground there will be no spark.Normaly thoes areareas to check first.

Make damn sure your Orange Box is grounded to the chassis. The box body its self is the ground. Mine worked for years then quit and for whatever reason, the ground it was making was lost. Removed some paint and used a lager screw to bite the metal more and it fired right up.

Hmmm, you know its bolted with screws about 3/8 ones, and they don't really tighten very nicely. Tried to find the back side not long ago to put bolts/nuts but drivers side high on the firewall cant get at thm. D

Hmmm, you know its bolted with screws about 3/8 ones, and they don't really tighten very nicely. Tried to find the back side not long ago to put bolts/nuts but drivers side high on the firewall cant get at thm. D

I had the same issues. I think I actually ran a ground wire to the box between the screw and body. Give it a whirl and see if it starts, if so you know your problem and can then address it.

Ive made sure everything was grounded, had the Dist checked out switched ECU, COILS around went thru wiring. Then like majic had spark but still no start. Second guessing my self but just in case I did do this(Put Dist In 180deg wrong), If the timing mark Is at 0 the ROTOR MUST POINT to tower one on the distributor cap correct? I know stupid question just been a long time I did this years ago but could hear it firing out the exhaust, didnt hear anything like that this time around D

To be sure pull #1 plug puy your finger in the hole bump it over when you feel compression check the timing mark should be close to 0 mark and rotor should point at #1 now

-
Back