No tail/brake/turn signal lts, but the flashers work

-

standup303

Reaction score
They worked this morning and all of a sudden I have no signals front or rear, no tail lights or brake lights. The emergency flashers work, except for passenger rear. Can not hear turn signal clicking like normal. Headlights work fine. I checked fuses, all had continuity end to end. And these are the only fuses I can find in the car. Do you all have any suggestions on what to try next?

IMG_8587.jpeg

You need a meter/ 12V test lamp and get to work. You have a service manual?

If not, run over to MyMopar.com they are free. You may have to settle for Dodge vs Ply, etc. SOME of those there got there from the guys right here.

WHAT ARE you working on? Year make model?

The hazards are a separate system. I'd start with key in "run" pull the turn flasher, not the hazard flasher and probe the connector, see if you have power to that.

You cannot check fuses by looking at them. That panel actually looks suspect. Rust, and lots of accessory taps which can add their own problems. Fuses can melt loose of the end caps back "under" where you cannot see them

ALWAYS, if possible, check for power.

You need a meter/ 12V test lamp and get to work. You have a service manual?

If not, run over to MyMopar.com they are free. You may have to settle for Dodge vs Ply, etc. SOME of those there got there from the guys right here.

WHAT ARE you working on? Year make model?

The hazards are a separate system. I'd start with key in "run" pull the turn flasher, not the hazard flasher and probe the connector, see if you have power to that.

You cannot check fuses by looking at them. That panel actually looks suspect. Rust, and lots of accessory taps which can add their own problems. Fuses can melt loose of the end caps back "under" where you cannot see them

ALWAYS, if possible, check for power.
Thank you. I will have to buy a test light and start digging. Yes the wiring is definitely a mess on this car

Check the turn signal device the power for them goes through there and contacts in there go bad, mine did.

-
Back