No toe in/out adjustability after suspension rebuild

-
its not hard to file the master spline out of column... also i think the pit can go on 4 ways, a master spline @ every 90*, granted only one would work...

Why the heck would you file the spline out of the column ?

There is 2 ways of doing things. The right way or the (half ***)wrong way.

Why not do it the right way ?

your right... there is a right and a wrong way... but when you install it all the right way and its not right you have to fix it...

and glad to see your on the attack again lol...

your right... there is a right and a wrong way... but when you install it all the right way and its not right you have to fix it...

ang glad to see your on the attack again...lol

What ?
Install it the correct way and your done. No filing, no jimmie rigging,no backyard repairing,no half assin,rookie mechanicing,no nothing.
It's done,when it's done right.

Not sure where that came from,I wasn't attacking you.
I Just like to give good sound advice, and stop a member from f@&king up his car with just "grab a file" nonsense. As members we are counted on for giving advice that can be counted on. This is not sound advice,period.

Sorry your feelings got hurt. But if that's what it takes to keep a member from jacking his car,I will do it every time.

Got it back from the shop yesterday and they did a great job. I guess I left a couple things loose (oops) and they retightened everything at no charge and aligned it. Car feels a lot better than before but it does have a bit of a dead spot in the steering box. I can't seem to get the big lock nut deal on the box loose to adjust it so hopefully I can figure something out there. Thanks for all the help guys.

I have the same problem but only after swapping 69 dart steering with 76 duster steering box no toe adjustment left after switching the box pitman arm idler arm n center link . Zero toe adjustment left .
vbpgimage.php

Got it back from the shop yesterday and they did a great job. I guess I left a couple things loose (oops) and they retightened everything at no charge and aligned it. Car feels a lot better than before but it does have a bit of a dead spot in the steering box. I can't seem to get the big lock nut deal on the box loose to adjust it so hopefully I can figure something out there. Thanks for all the help guys.
Dead spot maybe a split worm gear .. defect in these boxes.

-
Back