No truer words have ever been said!

-
But sir I just filled the battery yesterday...

I have got to say this, so many times I have reset points and timing for my brothers when they said these words ( this carberator is junk) they go buy another one and its worse! I throw the old Carter or Holley back on and find out there coil gets hot and half shuts down or the timing is set a few degrees to damned high with a lack of vacuum.

Oops :popcorn: good morning :lol:

Diagnostics is a lost black art. There is a you tube video for everything. No one want's old school Chilton manuals you can't give them away and they are chock full of diagnostics. Note sentence #2 is satire.

I think it funny that carburetors have been around for a hundred plus years but they are black magic....
That right there proves that we every succeeding generation for the past lil while is just getting dumber and dumber.And not for lack of intellect mind you; they're just too lazy to learn outdated stuff, lol.
remember back when we lost ignition points? Back in 1997, my boss hired a kid fresh out of automotive school, and that kid did not know how to set points nor how to use a timing light; what the heck was he learning in that school. He was one-generation removed from points ignition. Today we are one-generation removed from carburation, two from points.
no truer words have ever been said
Ya know, my Granny was born at the beginning of the 20th Century. She saw the advent of cars from steam to elecrtic to internal combustion engine. She saw the Dirty-Thirties, the Rural Electrification, inside running water and flush-toilets. She saw two World Wars, the Atomic Bomb and the Nuclear Age. She saw the proliferation of Radio, TV, and Hollywood. And in 1969 when the TV showed men on the moon, she called it a lie. No truer words have ever been said. But of course it would be many decades before it was proven. She died at age 92 full of years, having seen probably the most tumultuous century in history. What a woman!

^^^^^^ Yep. I my parents were in their 40's when I was born in '48. Yes they saw and were in it all, the Great Depression, WW11 and Korea, and all in between. No wonder I marvel at so many of today's intelluctual kids!!!! LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl:

A/J,
Correct me if I misread this but are you agreeing that man never landed on the moon??

A/J,
Correct me if I misread this but are you agreeing that man never landed on the moon??
I believe that;
Not in 1969 they didn't, just like granny didn't believe it.
At that time tho, I did. and also for many years after, until I began to question Science in general after 1994
My opinions are scattered all over this forum, I even started a series called AJs Opinions.

Lets not start that again....

I don't agree on the kids today being less bright. I ask my kid almost daily about social media, smart phone features and streaming apps and he schools me every time. Ask an old timer to throw a tune on a custom EFI controller, wont happen. Things are just progressing. I can't bridle a horse, or make butter but my grandmother could.

Lets not start that again....

I don't agree on the kids today being less bright. I ask my kid almost daily about social media, smart phone features and streaming apps and he schools me every time. Ask an old timer to throw a tune on a custom EFI controller, wont happen. Things are just progressing. I can't bridle a horse, or make butter but my grandmother could.

Social media has nothing to do with IQ, spatial reasoning or anything else that matters.

I believe the intelligence is there, but.......
Ever see someone trying to make change unless the register tells them what to do?
Some people can not change a flat tire, and not speaking of the girls either.
There are young women that have NO cooking skills or any desire to learn.
The list is long.

Diagnostics is a lost black art. There is a you tube video for everything. No one want's old school Chilton manuals you can't give them away and they are chock full of diagnostics. Note sentence #2 is satire.
I agree. If you ask someone in a thread if they did "troubleshooting" its almost as if they don't know what that means. If you get them to the point where they have to troubleshoot its like youve ruined their day...

I believe the intelligence is there, but.......
Ever see someone trying to make change unless the register tells them what to do?
Some people can not change a flat tire, and not speaking of the girls either.
There are young women that have NO cooking skills or any desire to learn.
The list is long.
CONSTANTLY w/ the change thing. Happens all the time.. they have been dumbing the kids down.

With the change, I do believe they are teaching kids to use calculators,so there is no basic math skills in their head no quick math thinking.

Love the wording.

Carb issues...ARE carb issues.

I know what they meant .

But even elec/timing issues are spurred by.. ..say..a cam change...
... Eh ...potato potaughto :lol:

It's tricky, I have a 750 Edelbrock. In my case I could slap that carb on,turn screws till it "idles good"...but the exhaust would be so rich it would choke you. Now if you read Edelbrock's instructions,it needs to be set at "lean best idle" and that is a procedure. It takes a few extra minutes, a vacuum gauge if you have one, and attention to following details and instructions, but once you get it set the exhaust doesn't stink when idling. I wonder how many people slap carbs on and turn screws till it "sounds good" is my point.

With the change, I do believe they are teaching kids to use calculators,so there is no basic math skills in their head no quick math thinking.
I think nits the common core math ( I tried to solve a problem using it, it had me confuddled) I think nits fir the same reason they don't teach the Constitution or Bill or Rights. They don't feel people will need them...

Told my buddy i wasnt fiddling with his timing again until he let me take his carb apart. Float bowl on driver’s side was full of green slime. I keep telling him to stabilize gas before winter storage.

Told my buddy i wasnt fiddling with his timing again until he let me take his carb apart. Float bowl on driver’s side was full of green slime. I keep telling him to stabilize gas before winter storage.
That's that last 10% there.

-
Back