No turn signals/fourways

-

v8scamp

Reaction score
My signals were working last time I drove the car(72 Scamp) but this time they just don't do anything. Headlights(low/high beam), marker lights, taillights and brake lights all work. No change in brightness when signal is turned on(left or right) for any light. Dash indicators don't light either. Fourways don't work either. Fourway flasher was hot, but can't make it happen again.
Checked fuses, all good. Is there a ground in the column on the signal switch? Somewhere else? I have a diagram but don't know which wire would be ground.

Any help, please.......

I tried another turn signal switch that worked perfectly when I took it out of my parts car. Lights were very dimly lit(barely noticeable) on both sides and only the rear lights worked. It worked for about a minute then just quit. Couldn't get it to work after that. Fourways still didn't work and still no brake lights. Checked the fuse when I pushed brake pedal and it had power going through it but nothing to the wire going to the back of the car(dark green and brown). Anyone know what all is connected in anyway to the brake lights?

2 things to try that are cheap and easy (and may have not been replaced in years?)
1- Headlight switch
2- Flasher relays

I had all lights except front parking lights and rear running lights and marker lights...ended up being the headlight switch. Worth a shot.

Headlight switch is right behind the knob (and dash). To get the headlight knob out of your dash, reach up underneath until you find the switch right behind the knob...feel around for a small spring loaded button. Push it in all the way while you wiggle/work your switch out. Sometimes they take persuasion to come out! Then there's a "nut" that screws into the switch itself. Unscrew that and it's free from the dash. Carefully work it down and unplug the harness...reverse procedure w/ new switch.

I put 2 new flashers in(1st thing I thought of). Was just thinking of asking, maybe headlight switch?

-
Back