No turning back

-

63dartman

Reaction score
Just finished cutting off the damaged lower rear section on my dart. I plan on filling in the bumper cutouts on the side and making a new rear section with exhaust cutouts and backup light in it. My car didn't have the backup light option. Wish me luck. Almost forgot that I will be switching to a custom bumber up front and back to match.

P.S. don't copy my License number:)

Picture (Medium).jpg

Post more pictures as you get it done. That should look pretty good.

Just finished cutting off the damaged lower rear section on my dart. I plan on filling in the bumper cutouts on the side and making a new rear section with exhaust cutouts and backup light in it. My car didn't have the backup light option. Wish me luck. Almost forgot that I will be switching to a custom bumber up front and back to match.

P.S. don't copy my License number:)

nice, if you ever need help im in albuquerque just shoot me a pm and ill give you my number,
btw you still may want to blackout your plate number just incase

My work will be done in spurts since I have to work 12 hr shifts each week. I plan on getting the metal tacked on this weekend. I am going to use a 6" pvc pipe to roll the metal for the bottom tuck. The only issue I'm having is bumper mounts. If I roll and install the bottom section It may be difficult to install the mounts. I will probably use the existing mounting holes with modified brackets. The old piece had cutouts for the mounts so I may just do that after it is installed.

Made a little progress after watching the Game. Welded in one side of the bumper cutout and rolled and tacked the rear piece in. I am going to follow the trunk lip line for a cut to make a body line. And hoping to get the corner pieces in tomorrow. I sure wish I was a good welder:) hey I'm learning. I seem to like higher power than needed.:angry7:

Picture 002 (Medium).jpg

Picture 003 (Medium).jpg

Picture 004 (Medium).jpg

progress so far.....I ordered some led reverse lights to add and I have to make a license bracket after I make my bumper. Stay tuned. Progress is slow since I am not a body or welding type. I'm learning though.

Picture 001 (Medium).jpg

Thanks pettyblu:) I like the results so far and I think with the bumper, lights, and license bracket it will look "different" :)

Very interesting, keep up the good work....

-
Back