67Dart273

Reaction score
I see on "thee news" that Google has come out with a driverless car

Oh, I can just SEE this

You tell the car "take me home"

and returns "Did you mean Nome, Alaska?"

You tell it to "find me a hooker"

and it says "we cannot find the address "Book Report"

And given Google's attention to privacy, I'd bet that any driving mistakes you make will magically just show up on Youtube

Attachments

• GoogleCar.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 341
I will pass. Call me a Luddite if you want to but the only way to stop me driving is to pry the wheel from my cold, dead fingers. Driverless cars my a**. I work with our business systems and I know all about programming glitches. One thing to mess up something on a claims system, no one is going to die if the adjuster can't input a note for a day or so. Quite another to screw it up on a car going 70 mph.

Steve

Transportation for those that can no longer drive themselves to the store,dr office,pharmacy etc etc?

Yes, playing devils advocate, sorry :/

From the looks of that thing, if it glitched and ran into something you wouldn't have to worry about the outcome. It looks like a two for one, a car and a coffin in one.

I don't know, as much as I hate all this electronics in cars (I have often said that if you need a camera to back up you shouldn't be driving in the first place) but lets be honoust...it isn't the cars fault people drive like idiots

almost looks like they replaced the weakest link

that's what happens the the spoke of old guy farts as it goes through a changing red light... the expand of gas!!!!!

Or wait, let me guess, its Methane powered too?

I wonder if it would comply if you told it to drive itself off a cliff. :)

who gets the speeding/red light running/reckless driving tickets?

another thing to hack. Where's your car, I dunno, its got a mind of its own. Does it have to look like it has a face on the front, that's goofy.

What do you tell it if you just want to go for a ride without a destination?

I am not ashamed to say I do NOT like the rapid progression of technology.
I miss the "old days".

Designated driver? WHO? Our own "Uncle Sam"? F*ck that I can't trust him to run our damned country nevermind my f*cking car! And no he CAN'T borrow my wheelbarrow!

These things have been operating for millions of miles with only one or two accidents. And If my memory serves me correctly, they were not even the faults of the Google cars.

If you need a camera to back up you shouldn't be driving in the first place) but lets be honoust... people drive like idiots

It's that people drive like idiots is the biggest problem.

Some drive like they are late for an accident... :finga:

Others "spaced out" talking on cell phoned and don't have a clue what's going on around them (or the fact that they are holding up traffic..) :finga:

Look around when you are in parking lots. Notice how many people are barely out of the parking spot and on the cell phone before getting to the parking lot exit... :banghead:

We took pride in our driving back in the old days. Today, nobody cares....:wack:

I saw this demonstrated on daily planet. It is being demo'ed for the elderly / disabled to get around a city in Japan. When needed, they call for the car..go to their destination and then the car heads "home". I think 15Kms is top speed.

The technology is mind boggling but what it has done is get those two groups out..

-
Back