Noise from Solid Engine Mounts?

-

ytownxj

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody around here has experience with solid steel engine mounts as opposed to rubber ones. Need to replace the mounts for my 318 (as they disintegrated in my hand when i removed them) and was wondering what people use and the advantages and disadvantages between rubber vs steel ones. I feel like I like the idea of steel ones but am really wondering how much more noise it'll make in the cabin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I run solids in my race car.You,d be better of replacring with new rubber ones as they absorb vibrations from the engine.JMO

Go rubber if you want a stock replacement. You can get the poly lock (they're designed so the rubber mounts won't pull apart (they're made for the biscuit type mounts and they are polyutherane, stiffer then the rubber kind but don't flex nearly as much as rubber and they last a lot longer too).

A buddy of mine has solid mounts on his street car and don't like the way it transfers vibrations. I use the Poly locs on mine. Love them.

I have solids. I don't have any real objections, but then again.... My exhaust is loud and I'm running on crappy bias-bly tires. All the noise and vibration kind of blends together.

Thanks for the replies, think I may give these poly locks a shot and see how I like em!

Been looking for these poly locs engine mounts and can't find them... can anybody link me to a set for my 72 demon? I can find lots for the spool type 73 and up but none for my 72

The company that sells them escapes me right now, but this also sell the conversion to run a bb using a /6 k frame and the headers to make it work. Do a google search for that conversion kit and it will pop up. The company is based outta WA.

I ran the Shumacher poly mount. I only run it on the drivers side, Stock on passenger side. Cold start you feel a little vibe but once everything warms up you dont know its there. This setup works well.

-
Back