non a body slant six d100 question

-

BLOW-DART

Reaction score
i know this isnt a d100 forum and there are ones out there, but this site has got all other forums beat on information and i know quite a few of you own d100's.

dont know much about d100's but looking at getting a 69 that has a la 318 right now, what vehicles would have the correct motor mounts for a slant six in this application.

trying to compile a list of pick and pull possible donors.

maybe they are the same as a 69 a body? i dont know, any help would be helpful.

thanks.

1961-1971 D- and W-series pickups with slant-6 engine will have your motor mounts. Not sure what other components are needed for a \6 swap.

i know this isnt a d100 forum and there are ones out there, but this site has got all other forums beat on information and i know quite a few of you own d100's.

dont know much about d100's but looking at getting a 69 that has a la 318 right now, what vehicles would have the correct motor mounts for a slant six in this application.

trying to compile a list of pick and pull possible donors.

maybe they are the same as a 69 a body? i dont know, any help would be helpful.

thanks.
The typical changeover parts are needed.....complete engine and transmssion with all their accessories. You can use a car engine if you get all the '61-71 truck-only items...mounts, oil pan, pickup/strainer, etc. Get a truck 6cyl. radiator or modify yours. Same with wiring and exhaust system. If you're replacing one 727 with another, the driveshaft will be the same. If it's a manual trans, you'll need the appropriate bell housing/flywheel/clutch.
If it were me, I'd keep the 318. Mileage is not much different and the extra power is great when you need it.

The typical changeover parts are needed.....complete engine and transmssion with all their accessories. You can use a car engine if you get all the '61-71 truck-only items...mounts, oil pan, pickup/strainer, etc. Get a truck 6cyl. radiator or modify yours. Same with wiring and exhaust system. If you're replacing one 727 with another, the driveshaft will be the same. If it's a manual trans, you'll need the appropriate bell housing/flywheel/clutch.
If it were me, I'd keep the 318. Mileage is not much different and the extra power is great when you need it.

yea i was mainly curious about the motor mounts, if the trucks used the same style as the passenger cars.

now that i have the truck im leaning towards just keeping the 318, the bottom end seems fine but i have at least a burnt valve. trying to patch the motor up with as little as possible to get it some what drive able as my commuter. the 360 in the barracuda sure guzzles down the gas.

A few years back, my daily driver was a 76 D100 2wd longbed with a slant and a 727. Since I generally drive too fast, I coulda replaced the throttle with a toggle switch, lol. After a year of this, I put a mild 318 (headers, 360 cam, BIG TQ) and fresh 727 in the truck and actually GAINED 2 MPG!
If you have a very light foot, I suppose you could save a little gas with the six. But if you are hoofin it right to it, that 318 don't need to work near as hard as the six to get ya down the road. Just my 2c.

I have everything you will need in the basement for that swap. Came out of a '70 D300. Oil pan, pickup, dipstick, mounts, alternator mounts, etc. Might be a while before I can get to them though, since the garage doors tend to freeze to the ground in winter.

-
Back